View Single Post
Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!
Send a message via AIM to Xavirne Send a message via MSN to Xavirne Send a message via Yahoo to Xavirne

Old 11-25-2013, 03:48 PM

Madness had consumed the world. It was an unforeseen tragic event that ripped apart the very core of mankind. What was once a thriving world was now crippled to ruins that laid beneath the undergrowth of mysterious and exotic plants. The feral world had taken over and life was not safe. None knew if man could survive such a change, but it was risk few were willing to take. Having made it thirty-three years, the rusty brunette's green orbs didn't waiver at the sight of sheer devastation. He was built, well enhanced, to endure such events.

The rustling of the grass caused the male to shift from his perching position to better aim at the creature that would soon emerge from the tall, wild grass. Eyes narrowing like those of a hawk ready to swoop in for the kill, the deer-like mutation appeared. Flinging himself from the tree with uncanny speed, his small blade pierced through the heart of the herbivore turned carnivore beast. With quick hands, he chopped up his fresh kill and tucked it into a deerskin satchel that was previously swung over his back. The bloodied animal remains would tarnish the bag, but it wasn't something to really cause concern over, especially since he pelted the animal to produce another satchel.

With everything gathered that was of use (the fat, skin, horns, bones, and meat), he made a beeline back to his rocky cove that he called home. Waiting in the darkness far within the cave just off the north end of the cove would be his partner, a nineteen-year-old lass who he rescued when chaos first erupted. Finding her five years ago, the two hadn't split a day since then. Not lovers as one might suspect, the two were more of a father-daughter pairing. She was only fourteen when they first locked eyes and she pleaded for his help. Who was he to deny her?

Appearing in the frame of the cave, he gingerly removed his satchel and slide the bag against the cave's outer walls. "I see the fire still glows," his soothing voice spoke to the woman who was wrapped in a fox's pelt. "Would you mind cooking dinner while I try to waterproof our cloaks?" His hands pulled out large hunks of meat. Placing them on what looked like a clay plate, the brunette walked the dish to the woman. "I've noticed that the prey in the area have started to dwindle," he bit his lip, "Chumana, we might need to relocate."

Who was he kidding? This place was perfect. It was hard to get to and it was safe. Not to mention, they had a semi-fresh supply of water. There was no way in hell they would find a better place to call home. His hand moved to his head to give it a good scratch. "Gah, I'm a baka. I can just expand my range. I can hunt in the next sector with ease. Not like the distance is an issue," with a glimmer in his eyes, he looked down at his slender, toned body. "I love having speed on my side," he cooed with delight.

Green orbs turning away from her, the man wandered to the mouth of the cave and sat down. The skies opened and it began to rain, but he remained dry as he was just inside the cave's lip. As the water flowed down the hill, he pulled out the oil-like fat and began his handy-work waterproofing their cloaks. As his hands went to work, his eyes slipped to the large number 2 that was tattooed on his left palm just below the thumb.

His name was Ryker and he was one of an alleged eight who were gifted with superhuman powers. He, along with Ana (Chumana) were given these powers to prevent such events like this. Or, perhaps, they were brought forth to bring salvation to the planet. Either way, with their unique skills they could survive in the new terrain, and Ryker just couldn't help but wonder if their was a deeper meaning behind their existence. Graced with agility and endurance, the brunette would have no qualms surviving, even if only brought on by fleeing. But, having someone to protect, Ryker wasn't able to just up and run. He had someone to protect.

Eyes looking over at the woman, a smile washed on his face. Ana was a blessing and Ryker couldn't imagine surviving this chaos without her, and she knew it. Together, they were an unstoppable team.