Thread: Heart of Gems
View Single Post
Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 12-15-2015, 05:07 AM

After his runway walk, Ren kept his clothes on as most of the models did, continuing to advertise them after the show. So many people mingled in the glitzy building, voices raised and gay sounding among the camera flashes. Wine glasses clinked and Ren found himself hesitating at the edge of the party. It wasn't that he felt uncomfortable in the presence of so many. He wouldn't model if he felt shy under the gazes of others and would even bare all of himself without qualms. And yet, he did not enjoy this sort of interaction. From the start, his soul was never in the show.

"Ren!" Yasu's voice woke him from his stupor. The older man, strode over, commanding audience as he often did. Unlike many designers, he wasn't a flighty sort absorbed in his vanity. Instead, he was the sort of man who demanded respect with his very gaze. It was different from the chaos of a show, though he always had a short temper. Ren always found it uninteresting how he talked of fashion as if his designs didn't need to fight to win. It was a given. "Why don't you come stay by my side. I want to make you the new face of my line after all. Show off that beautiful gaze for me."

Not saying anything, Ren followed Yasu further into the crowd until the two of them found themselves surrounded by swarms of individuals from the press to celebrities. He spoke little, leaving it all up to the designer. Instead, Ren cast his eyes a little over the crowds at something distant. Distantly, he heard Yasu telling him to pose for a picture and noticed the camera lining up in front of him, but nothing much changed about Ren's demeanor. Only the slightest motions that came from instinct. Indeed, his soul wasn't in this. Not in this at all.