Thread: Shot Me Down
View Single Post
Tachigami
It's quiet, now.
Send a message via AIM to Tachigami

Old 05-03-2014, 03:35 AM

Andrew looked up quickly. He reminded Joey of the guy? How painful was that? Was that the main reason he had decided to save Andrew? He tried not to seem entirely deflated, but he'd almost hoped the near stranger had decided to do so mainly, specifically, entirely because it was an injustice. He was reading too much into it, though; Andrew looked down and cupped his hands, bringing them to his lips to drink. He did still feel... weak. Of course he hadn't had much water in the past eight days.

"I've eaten too much meat..." He sighed, crawling out of the water and lying on his side on the grass. "That's all I was able to have for almost nine days. I just need something... else. I mean, anything..." He levered himself up, crawling to the bush that had bloomed so full of black berries, and carefully sat down, picking handfuls and crunching through their seeds, pulling a face at the tart bite they had. He loved that unpredictable nature fruits and vegetables had. Some were sweet, some were sour, some had that perfect balance. "And, um, I don't want to take anything else you have." He already felt awful for costing the man this much time.