Thread: Shot Me Down
View Single Post
NekoLen
Tachigami's Personal Slave

Penpal

Old 05-03-2014, 03:50 AM

"It sounds like I might have to make the trip into town a lot sooner than planned," Joey said, rubbing his chin. He could feel some stubble already growing there and made a note to visit the barber as soon as he could. "Get you some more grub." Yes, that was the plan for the day. He got up from where he sat, going towards where Night stood next to White Tide. "You stay here and I will make a quick trip to the grocers in Darkwater. If any trouble happens while I am gone, I want you to hop onto your horse and run for it."

He climbed onto Night's saddle and took the lead in hand. He smiled down at the younger man and tilted his hat slightly. "I shouldn't be more than a few hours. You stay safe, you hear?" He dug his feet into Night's side, turning him around towards where the town of Darkwater could be seen in the far distance. He raced off as fast as Night would let him go, entering the town after only ten minutes. He slowed the speed of Night a little, leading the horse towards where he knew the grocers was. He jumped off the horse and tied him up out front, next to a young brown horse that was already tied there.

He entered the store, grabbing a basket at the door and heading towards where fresh vegetables were kept. They were grown in Darkwater, just near where the river bent and headed out to sea. He picked out some carrots and potatoes, as well as a couple of oranges and apples before heading towards the counter. The woman behind the counter smiled when he approached and counted how much money it costed, ringing him up on the register. "I'll have a bottle of whiskey too, ma'am," he said, pointing to where they kept their tobacco and alcohol. She nodded and took the bottle down from the shelf, adding it to the brown paper bags where she had also put his fruit and vegetables.

He paid for the goods and left the store, packing them carefully into Night's saddlebags before untying him and climbing up. He left the town and went quickly back towards where the oasis was, hoping Andrew was ok.