View Single Post
Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 01-18-2015, 10:05 PM

january 10th, saturday

another rendezvous with mr. tea-and-snowflake-jam-cookies took place and it was insane. my friend's roommate had her birthday dinner and on thursday they invited him to come along. little did i know the crazy that would ensue.
it was at a much more fancy place than he and i are used to meeting at but he was in good spirits and so was i. he got along well with all the new people and didn't seem to be uncomfortable at all. after almost two hours of surprisingly smooth sailing we all decide to relocate to a more relaxed and 'dancey' atmosphere. knowing that the bathrooms would be disgusting at a bar/club, i decide to use the one at this fancy place. little did i know that when i got back to where everyone was supposed to be, they had all left but mr. tea-and-snowflake-jam-cookies and the drunk birthday girl. mr. tea-and-snowflake-jam-cookies was awesomely accommodating and took us to where she wanted to go... until we got kicked out of the bar because she couldn't stand without help, fell down numerous times and sat down on places she wasn't supposed to (while also at several points, trying to kiss mr. tea-and-snowflake-jam-cookies and grab his junk... not cool). anyhoo, mr. tea-and-snowflake-jam-cookies got the car, picked us up as i literally hulked the drunk birthday girl into his car and we left. thank god, i thought. let's get out of here, i thought.... and then she said she wanted pizza. he stopped and bought her a slice, brought us back to her house where my friend was (super shiesty of her to bounce on the sly like that, and i said so) and after we finally got the drunk girl in bed and mr. tea-and-snowflake-jam-cookies and i left. i told him i'd understand if he never wanted to hang out again (it was painful for me to think that he might think i was like her or that i always associate with people like her) but after a heart warming chat... etc., all was cleared up and i ended up liking him all the more.

and now to tie this evening into the inspiration... my favorite song. when mr. tea-and-snowflake-jam-cookies came to pick me up for an evening of unassuming chaos, i wasn't quite ready so he came inside. he was a bit amazed, i think, at the number of elvis memorabilia that i had laying about. i tried to describe how i love elvis and why and although it's a rather personal thing, i think he understood, and even if he didn't, i appreciate that he tried. sooo i can't pick a favorite song because i love all of elvis's music, but there is one title that comes to the forefront of my mind when asked this question and it's always Suspicious Minds