View Single Post
K-chan10307
Resident Nom-er >:D
Send a message via MSN to K-chan10307

Old 07-01-2014, 02:28 PM

And if I lose control of myself one more time, I might just end up killing the both of them. The thought flashed into Melanie’s head, knowing the stark truth of it all. Eltiask may be dangerous, but he can control himself. Melanie couldn’t. A fear rose up in her. It was the same fear that kept her up at night as a child. It was the same fear that dominated her existence when her parents died. I can’t let anyone else here die.

She turned her glare to Eltiask first. She was really starting to hate the way he mocked her. Quiet as he was, he was still their biggest threat. He cared nothing for her, and her being alive would get him nothing. In the beginning she felt sorry for him. She even feared him. But now, she just didn’t want to be around him. His quiet was confusing, and there were already too many secrets among the three of them.

“Okay, you stop calling me ‘lovely’.” That word held so much mockery, it stung. She really shouldn’t be paying attention to whether or not her physical appearance appealed to the aesthetic palette of someone trying to kill her.

She turned to Matthew, who was now snarling at Eltiask, knowing full well that he had the potential to ruin all his plans. There was fear in him, but Melanie could see that it wasn’t of him. It was of failure. What was success going to get him? Why was it so crucial to his plans? Plans that I have to figure out. “And for the love of god, stop calling me ‘Rose’.”

“Sorry Rose, it’s the name on your fi—”

“It is not the name on my file.”

“On my file and my assignment, in big bold letters. But of course if you hate ‘Rose’ so much, maybe I should rip a page out of Hawkeye’s book and just call you ‘lovely’.” The mocking tone from Eltiask was echoed in Matthew. Melanie wanted to punch the both of them and be done with the two of them. She missed her house. She missed her dark room. She missed her brothers. Goddamn, I just want to go home.

Matthew ignored Melanie’s glare, just satisfied that his assignment was still unharmed. Failure wasn’t so close just yet. She was crucial to the final part of his own transformation. The damned lab had to change their minds at the last minute, throwing him into a new experiment. No, he was far from the perfect killer. But he was damned good, complete or not.

Melanie heard his thoughts loud and clear. His anger at Eltiask weakened the points of his mind that he was clearly taught to hide from her. In his mind was a bubble full of secrets. That was where she had to aim to find her answers, she knew that now. But what does he need me for?

Matthew flashed his own grin over to Eltiask. “Bring it on Wolffe-y boy. You want upperclassmen? You’re about to get schooled.”