View Single Post
Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!
Send a message via AIM to Xavirne Send a message via MSN to Xavirne Send a message via Yahoo to Xavirne

Old 12-28-2015, 08:32 PM

Taken aback by her curt words, Kevlar made mental note not to compare her with a goddess. As she so kindly reminded him, he was not of his land. He didn't quite grasp their way of worship or practice. Where he came from, the almighty god was always beside his people. Always bestowed his powers upon them and trusted them with his will. To be a priest or priestess came with the utmost respect for they were god's right-hand person. They felt and moved just as he would.

Of course, like with everything, corruption existed and not all of those who swore their soul to the heaven's above did just that. Some did it to steal secrets. Others to have many affairs. Whatever the reason, Kevlar did not care for deep down he knew that those of true heart were the ones that were truly graced with his knowledge and blessing.

At her comment about the past being in the past, Kevlar scoffed. "Our paths help define our future. If we had no past, we would have no future. So although the acts might have happened, those decisions and choices wear heavy on our future." It was odd to see how they contrasted each other in this regard. She was more about the here and now, whereas Kevlar leaned heavily on his past. He often turned back to past events and thought to help guide him in the present. Did she merely just toss the past aside? Was that the burden she was to bear?

Her speech trailed on, soon revealing what he had feared. She never wanted this fate and yet, it was hers to have and hold. Did she run from the past because the past is when she made wishes for happiness? Or did she keep the past at bay due to darker days?

Not wanting to pry, he gave Mae's shoulder a good squeeze before bidding her a fair night's sleep.

"My you find sweet dreams tonight, my priestess." Dipping into a bow, he didn't lift his head until her footsteps vanished into nothing but silence.

Now alone, he wrapped his arms around himself. Brow piqued with curiosity, he turned his gaze to the moon above.

"Saith, my friend, I fear you left us at a bad time. Conflict runs within her veins and, unlike you, my trust with her is not strong. Perhaps, had no I not been so bash and recklessly brought illness upon myself, things would be different. And yet, if given the chance to do it all again, I would follow in the same steps as before. I have no need to regret for I can see in those azure orbs sadness for your loss. I pray we find you before the enemy does. This strange isle would be awfully lonely without your conceited, witty ass causing all kinds of mayhem."

Smirking, he placed a hand on his heart. "Please use caution. Please be safe." Moving hand from chest to lips, he kissed the tips of his fingers before turning them to the moon.

"Guide him, Luna. Let your silver rays forge the path back to us."

Seeing no need to keep guard, he turned in for the night. Unlike Mae, he would sleep peacefully, for he was more than exhausted from far too many deep conversations.