View Single Post
Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 07-23-2009, 06:27 PM

Dawn couldn't help but stare silently as Mr. Lewton's toupee flew around the room and landed upon the small light, her cheek already showing signs of a bruise and a bit of swelling.

Mary, her stifled giggles bringing happiness back to her once more as she watched the toupee scene, couldn't help but forget about what had happened to her only moments before. Dawn, however, did not forget and was too busy checking over her sister to make sure she was alright to pay much attention once the wind had stopped blowing.

Meanwhile, Mr. Lewton covered his bare scalp with his hands and screamed for quiet, ordering a ladder to be found and brought to him. Once the ladder was fetched, Mr. Lewton ordered one of the women to climb up and fetch his toupee.

The toupee back upon his head, the hair in complete disarray and his face still scarlet, Mr. Lewton stormed back over to Dawn, having forgotten about the outburst completely, and ordered her and her sister back to work before storming to his office to fix his toupee.

Her mouth slightly agape, Dawn set her sister down, who immediately went back to sewing buttons. With a slight shake of her head, Dawn went back to her chair and sat down. Simply staring at the sewing in front of her, Dawn couldn't help but feel that something was wrong. Those windows hadn't been opened in years, they could never have opened without something to pry them. Not only that, but the wind was so strong, and it seemed to only focus on Mr. Lewton. Was she crazy? Or was something wrong with this picture?

The more she thought about it, the more she realized this wasn't her first strange occurrence. For starters, the flowers in front of her door, they never wilted! They remained bright and vibrant all spring, summer, and fall. Flowers don't bloom anywhere on her street except for in front of her small one-room house. Perhaps she really was going crazy. How could there be anything special about her.

'Though I must admit, it would be nice to have a Fairy Godmother like Cinderella.. Perhaps then I could marry someone rich and make a lot of money to get my family out of squalor, not to mention finally afford to return to Italy and paint like I've always dreamed.. Italy.. painting.. nothing could be closer to heaven,' she thought absently until the woman sitting beside her nudged her and motioned for her to begin working once more.

Blushing and chiding herself for letting herself get so carried away during work hours, Dawn went back to work and did her best to forget about the growing pain in her cheek.

Last edited by Emma Corrin; 07-27-2009 at 10:16 PM.. Reason: forgot to italicize her thought xD;