View Single Post
Goblin Maiden
SUPAH KITTEH HAPPEH POWAH.

Old 08-01-2009, 06:42 PM

Javitha's eyes narrowed at the way the human girl spoke the Goblin King's name. What exactly had he done to endear himself to her, even while making her run the gauntlet that was the Labyrinth?

Well, at least this human knew her manners, and didn't squeal about how cute the Fairy Queen was, or ask for a wish or pixie dust or any other manner of stupid favors.

"Eternally grateful, hmm?" Javitha surveyed the human girl thoughtfully. "I'm sure you're not aware of what that means, here in the world of Underground. But I am eager to have you away from my castle, and so I shall give you a hint, in return for--"

"But Mistress, surely there's no need, when there's a door right in front of her!" Squeaked a handmaiden--who promptly quailed under the glare of her queen.

"In return for one of your tears," the queen continued on, more loudly and firmly than before. "The tears of humans are quite a valuable commodity in the Underground. With a single tear of yours, I can easily provide for my people for many more centuries. Only, before you say anything, there is something you must know. This tear can not simply be siphoned from your eye... It must be a true tear, a Heart's Tear, as we Underground folk are wont to call them. You must summon up a memory that will make you shed tears of true emotion--love, hate, sorrow, it matters not, for plain, emotionless tears are completely valueless."

The queen snapped her diminutive fingers, and instantly a lady-in-waiting was by her side, holding out a tiny crystal jar. "When you have shed a Heart's Tear, we can put it in this," the lady-in-waiting piped up helpfully.

"Remember, girl, a tear for a hint. Do you agree to my terms?" Javitha asked, a sternly regal look firmly in place on her features.