View Single Post
Mira-Charma13
The Almighty Tallest

Old 02-01-2015, 07:24 AM

"Allow me to let you in on a little secret." Malum finally graced the other man with a glance, still hostile and venomous. First impressions meant a great deal to him, especially considering matters of respect, and it would be a while before he was even slightly polite in the other's presence. "I requested a single room, too. So I don't want you around either. I suggest leaving me alone to unpack now, before I really get angry."

He was a loner through and through, and he despised having to share personal space with other people. Even when his poor parents brought him home from the hospital as an infant, he shrieked almost nonstop because he had to share a room with his brother. It took his parents a decent amount of time to realize that Malum needed his own space, and they finally relinquished their office space to the screaming infant. He was an extremely private person, and it showed as he unpacked his things. He put a great deal of effort into concealing his belongings until they were stowed away. The dresser he brought along with him, much larger than the school-issued variety, was peculiar...the drawers all had keyholes. Probably to lock important items away. He unearthed his pricey Alienware laptop, but slipped that straight into a briefcase, which was also locked up tightly. Malum also inadvertently revealed, as he unpacked, that he had an impressive collection of books, all fictional...and he quickly hid them away in his locked dresser. School supplies and miscellaneous items aside, he didn't have very much with him. The very last piece of luggage was a bag of bathroom supplies, which (oddly enough) he stuffed into one of his lockable dresser drawers.

Malum didn't trust his new roommate. Not in the slightest. What was even more startling was that he had been expecting a room all to himself and he still had all of this lockable storage. He was awfully paranoid and mistrusting, and his issues were bound to get worse now that he had to share his space with someone else. He spent the next couple of minutes changing out the clean white school sheets with his own blue flannel set. He apparently needed at least three pillows to sleep, because that was how many he brought along with him. After setting his bed up, Malum shoved the locked briefcase underneath the bed with the rest of his school supplies. Immediately afterward, he flopped over onto his bed, his back turned toward his new roommate.

He was dead tired--he felt weary down to his very bones. He wanted nothing more than to sleep, and anyone who disturbed his sleep was cruising for a bruising. Malum was a devout night owl, and many of his classes were night classes. He used this partially as an excuse to bag himself a single room--after all, his schedule would disrupt any potential roommates. As this roommate would surely realize soon enough, Malum was a homebody. He didn't drink. He hated parties. If he wasn't at class, he would be in his dorm room.

He was a difficult customer, that was for sure.