View Single Post
OriginalSin
ʘ‿ʘ
Send a message via MSN to OriginalSin Send a message via Yahoo to OriginalSin

Old 06-18-2015, 06:53 PM

"Urgh, you have got to be kidding me!"

Out of all of the places, in all of the world, was this homeless guy seriously going to use her her porch as a bedroom? As she stomped out through the ornately carved wooden door of the 1930's timber panel house, Aria's anger subsided. What the hell are you doing, woman? You'r not going to shoo him away!

"Damn it!" she scolded herself. Turning, she grabbed her keys from the side table and slammed the door shut. As she locked up the man on her porch began to laugh. "What are you laughing at?" she asked, her voice almost a whisper now that her anger had truly subsided. "You think that lock's gonna stop me, sugar?" were the words that came from those cracked lips, and Aria could smell his breath from the other side of the porch.

As usual, the timid girl turned away, saying nothing. If he breaks into my house, God help him! she though, and then realised that she probably wouldn't do anything at all.

The day was quiet. Grey clouds rolled through the usually blue sky and the air was humid and sticky. Looks like storms Aria though, and sighed. Walking beneath the neat row of trees along the street, Aria was grateful that the impending storms seemed to be keeping people in their homes. There would usually be primped housewives mowing lawns or planting flowers, their husband's at work for the day and their snotty children at playgroup. Today, there was peace.

Not that any of that mattered. They never spoke to her anyway. Every now and then Aria would catch one of the neighbours giving her sympathetic looks, some of them even gave her crude scowls, and still nobody spoke.

Pulling the hood of her hoodie tight over her head, Aria began the short walk to the local shop. Why don't they deliver milk any more? she pondered to herself. Glancing up, Aria spotted a fat white cat coming closer to her. She stopped dead in her tracks and the cold sweats started. "Keep going, please keep going, fat cat" she murmured. And just like that, the cat smelled her fear and began to growl, low in it's throat, that menacing growl that cats do when they hate you.

"Shit!" Aria gulped as she started to walk faster. Faster. Faster. And now she was running. "Leave me alone!" she was shouting. The furry demon seemed to be governing where she went and before she knew it, Aria had missed the shops completely and was heading into the down town area.

Too caught up in fleeing from the flee bag, Aria had been neglecting to look where she was going, and then with a force that knocked her down onto her butt, she slammed into Ky. Without even looking up or thinking to apologise, Aria threw herself onto her hands and knees and scrambled behind him. "No! Get away from me!" she screamed at the furry menace as it prowled and stalked it's way closer to her.

Last edited by OriginalSin; 06-18-2015 at 06:54 PM.. Reason: Tiny Writing!