View Single Post
OriginalSin
ʘ‿ʘ
Send a message via MSN to OriginalSin Send a message via Yahoo to OriginalSin

Old 06-19-2015, 08:04 AM

As Aria moped along, she began to wonder how her life might have turned out had her parent's had still been alive. Her mother was a short, slender thing of about 5 foot 3, with a big beaming smile and radiant blonde hair. Her father had been in the police force, and was a stocky 6 foot 2, with raven black hair and blue eyes that were so light they almost looked silver. Neither one of them had ever questions their daughter's strange eyes, and neither one of them had been affected by the strange allure they seemed to have. I miss you, both! she thought to herself.

Maybe if they had still been here, they would have been able to help with Aria's anxiety and confidence issues. Her father had always said that she got the best of both of them; her mother's smile and petite frame, and his hair and attitude. It was hard for Aria to see either one of them in herself when she looked into a mirror. They had been gone so long she had started to forget what they even looked like. The only thing to remind her were the pictures dotted around the house that they had left for her.

After a while, Aria realised that she was still crying. She grabbed her sleeve and wiped her eyes with it, leaving dark streaks of mascara where soft green fabric met her face. I bet I look like a drowned rat. With make up on. And a hole in my knee! she grumbled. Out of nowhere, a man appeared in front of her, and she immediately turned her eyes down and looked at the converse sneakers on her feet. He asked if she needed help, and she began to feel a sense of panic.

Just as soon as her fear set in, she noticed the badge hanging from his waist band. He was a cop, of the same district that her father had been. She relaxed a little "I've no change for a cab, only my card. But thank you anyway. I'm okay to walk" she said, in her bravest voice, but even still, her words were almost lost in the thrashing of the rain. As she began to walk again, there was a loud clap of thunder and Aria almost fell over with shock. How long has it been thundering? she wondered, thinking back and realising she had been wandering in her own little world. Spinning around on her heel, Aria did the most uncharacteristic, brave thing that she had ever done in all her life.

Glancing up momentarily, she said "But a tea would be nice. And I don't have any bandages at my place. If you don't mind, that is?"

Last edited by OriginalSin; 06-19-2015 at 08:07 AM..