View Single Post
OriginalSin
ʘ‿ʘ
Send a message via MSN to OriginalSin Send a message via Yahoo to OriginalSin

Old 06-28-2015, 02:37 PM

Aria blushed a little at the sudden shock on the man's face when she accepted his offer. After he smiled at her though, she felt a little easier. "I, erm, saw your badge, and, well, I don't usually act like this. I'm trying something new today" she mumbled. What Aria didn't mention was that she had a weird feeling in the pit of her stomach. Somehow, she just knew that this man was about to change everything for her.

When he mentioned something like this happening again, Aria had a sudden urge to laugh. "Thing's like this don't happen! Ever! I've never actually fallen over before" she giggled, whilst trying not to let her embarrassment show. And then she was underneath his umbrella, walking back the way she had come. Aria could see that Malreth was getting wet, but she didn't want to move any closer to him, so she just walked along beside him silently. A million thoughts were racing through her mind, none of them were expecting to stop outside the same apartment block she had fallen at.

As Aria started to protest, the man ushered her inside and suddenly her fears were gone. The building was so warm, and she hadn't realised how cold she was. Wrapping her arms around herself, Aria followed the stranger further into his home. When another man appeared behind them, Aria felt a familiar sense of panic, but when it became obvious that the two knew each other, she relaxed again. When the man finally introduced himself as Malreth, Aria nodded. Glancing around to look at the man Malreth was introducing as his brother, her heart sank.

Frowning, Aria decided to speak, finally. "Hi, I'm Aria." she smiled at Malreth. "And I do NOT hate cats! They hate me!" she defended herself against Ky's words.

Watching the two men, Aria couldn't help but smile. They were very quick with each other, and their teasing words were also quite fond. Having noticed the white, fluffy ball of mayhem sat on the floor behind Kynal, Aria took one hesitant step backwards, but when the beast padded off into another room, she felt her shoulders slump and her breath flow easily again. "That's alright" she smiled at Malreth when he apologised for his brother. When he smiled at her, she could feel the warmth and kindness coming from within him, and she instantly grew fonder of him. So much so, that she actually dared to look up at him. Her red eyes settled on his and she gave a radiant smile. Aria had been living in the shadows far too long.

When Kynal spoke to her again, she looked over at him. "Black, please. If it's not too much trouble" she smiled, but it wasn't a whole hearted smile like the one she gave his brother. This one was more reserved. Somehow, Aria knew that Kynal was going to take a while to come around to her, but that didn't matter, because she wasn't sure if she would ever come around to him.

Looking back at Malreth, she decided to find that courage of her's once more. "What's the deal with your brother? He seems to have developed a dislike to me, and I'm not too sure why! I barely said two words to him" she sighed, and looked into Malreth's eyes, hoping for an answer that wouldn't upset her as much as the one she feared.