View Single Post
Kry
Hero Complex

Old 11-28-2011, 02:32 AM

Numei's eye widened and he nearly dropped his bottle. The only thing that saved his bottle from crashing to the floor was his quick reflexes, catching it by the neck with one hand. His eye staring at the man, Casimir. Not exactly what Numei expected for a first question. Usually it was a 'where are you from, how did you end up here?'. This man had officially stunned Numei. That eye trailed along the scar Casimir revealed, it made Numei shiver, and his ears droop just the slightest bit. Numei regained his composure as he slipped into a seat.

For a while it would seem like Numei wasn't going to say a word, he raised his bottle to his lips and drank deeply from it. When he lowered the bottle he had closed his good eye and sighed softly. He closed it, to keep Casimir from seeing the emotions there. "When I was ten some men came to the town I lived in. Way way out east, high up in the mountains in an almost hidden valley my clan lived. For years and years, no one had ever bothered us there. But these men, human hunters found our village. They were taking the children away in chains and collars, killing the elderly and the men. They did terrible things to the women before killing them, to my mother before killing her. I fought hard for my freedom, for vengeance, for the others, but I was only ten. These grown me, easily subdued me. That should have been enough, I was only a child. Apparently easily subduing a child wasn't enough for them, they ripped out my eye and left me there. Surely they didn't expect me to survive the injury." Numei had snorted lightly and opened his good eye. No emotions shone in the blood red orb, only coldness, and he still hadn't told Casimir his name.

Last edited by Kry; 11-28-2011 at 02:45 AM..