View Single Post
blueblackrose
Take my darkest fears and play them like a lullaby, like a reason why.

Penpal
Send a message via MSN to blueblackrose

Old 07-12-2015, 10:51 PM

Rufio laughed at Alister. “You’re cousin? Heavens no, not that one. Though she doesn’t look too bad, but it’s not hard to see that she isn’t my type.” His eye moved to Alister’s cousin. Yup, definitely not my type. It seemed that even here in neutral territory he still refused to take off the eye patch he wore to conceal the fact that he had dual colored eyes. “Yes neutral territory, something that is hard to find nowadays.”

With a grin he jabbed Alister in the side with his elbow. “Why so curious about which of the women I was looking at? You know I never get serious with anyone.” Rufio took another drink of his ale. Even if his partner figure out which of the women he was talking about would it matter? They could be nothing more than enemies in the end. Looking around again he wondered who the dark stranger who sat with Lydia was. It wasn’t his concern though.

When the woman brought him his plate he thanked her and ordered more to drink for himself and one of the lady’s choice be brought to the petite woman with auburn hair. The order was whispered to keep Alister from hearing so he could continue his guessing game. “So tell me dear friend, how is that awful brother of yours? As dull and clueless as ever?”

--------------------

Still pouring over the papers and maps the shifter grumbled a bit more. She wasn’t verse in the ancient languages, at least not verse enough to decipher the complex writings before her. While Roshan grew more frustrated a tavern wench came over to her. “The young man over there has offered to buy you a drink Miss. What would you like?” As the woman spoke she pointed at Rufio. Glancing up Roshan’s azure eyes moved from the woman to where Rufio and Alister sat and quickly narrowed. It is him again. Why?

After a few moments of silence her gaze returned to the woman. “Well in that case bring me a bottle of your best whiskey and two glasses.” There was a Cheshire cat like smile on her ruby lips. Fine if he wanted to pay for her drink then she wasn’t going to go cheap. It would deserve him right. Once the woman left to get her order Roshan started to clean up the papers and maps. Once they were stacked together she shoved them into the leather messenger bag in the seat beside her. Cináed needed to hurry up.

It wasn’t long before the tavern wench returned and sat the bottle of whiskey along with two glasses on the table in front of her. “Thank you.” She said before dismissing the woman. Maybe a drink or two would help her to relax. The petite woman poured herself a shot and downed it quickly.

---------------------------

Hen Tai continued to bide his time over in corner reading. Every so often he would glance around to see who was doing what. He hoped that more people would come in soon so things wouldn't be so dull. So far everyone had somewhat split off into groups it seemed. "How boring."

Last edited by blueblackrose; 07-13-2015 at 03:35 AM..