View Single Post
fishyfey
*^_^*

Old 10-20-2010, 10:08 AM

100 drabbles seems a bit intimidating so I am starting with 50. I am writing these to try and fill out some story gaps I have in my novel and to flush out some characters.

**Edit: I scrapped my first novel! Got 150 pages written and decided I didn't like it. Some of these stories are new characters. Some are background and character development on my next novel attempt, and some are just there for fun.

**Warning: Some of my stories have language in them or violence. Most don't, but just be aware.

**Feel free to offer criticism or comment if you wish. Good or bad is fine. Everything helps.

I got my list from || ? 100 Theme Challenge ? || Themes - 100 challenge drabble ficlets theme - Wattpad although I have shortened it a bit for myself.

1. Smile
2. Pain
3. Sad
4. Lollipop
5. Procrastinate
6. Rain
7. Pepper
8. Hide
9. Secret
10. Lock Dance
11. Angry
12. Secret Smiles
13. Life
14. Memory
15. Misery
16. Longing
17. Pocket
18. Hidden Pain
19. Storage
20. Circus
21. Dying
22. Break
23. Party
24. Tree
25. Cars
26. School
27. Jealousy
28. Shot
29. Broken
30. Disgusting
31. Hate
32. Sunlight
33. Water
34. Lift
35. Train
36. Suffering
37. Shoes
38. Clean
39. Crib
40. Kiss
41. Poke
42. Investigate
43. Warning
44. Hug
45. Fall
46. Watch
47. Candle
48. Fireworks
49. Red
50. Glass

-------------
1. Smile
Sophie smiled at me, if it can be called a that. The corners of her mouth lifted but no warmth reached her eyes.

"I think I have gone crazy." She said before lifting her mug of coffee to her lips and sipping the steaming brew. She kept her cobalt blue eyes on me as she did it.

"I wouldn't like you any other way. Much too dull to have sane friends." I said trying to joke. She didn't smile.

"I don't know why I am telling you any of this. You can't see them. You can't understand."

"Hey. What are you talking about? Tell me what is happening with you." I said. She was making me worried. Sophie and I had been friends for years and although I didn't think she was going crazy, I knew she was upset.

Sophie inhaled slowly and deeply before she started. "Let's go sit in the living room where it is more comfortable. This will take a while."

I grabbed my own mug of coffee and followed her in.

"It started a few months ago. At first I would see something out of the corner of my eye, but when I tried to look at it there would be nothing there. I started seeing them more and more often until one day I saw a little girl. She was maybe five or six years old tops, but there was something wrong with her eyes. She had a black pupil surrounded by a white iris. Where her eyes should have been white, they were black. The little girl looked like a tiny demon, but I had to know if she was real or if I was losing my mind."

"I followed her. When she saw me behind her she started to run away, so I chased her through the streets. I caught up with her and grabbed the child's arm, making her stop. Do you know what she did then?"

I shook my head from side to side.

"She started to cry and scream. She cried ugly black tears. I tried to make her stop, but she wouldn't. She just kept getting louder and louder."

"And then I saw more of them running towards us. They all had the same black and white eyes, but these were adults. I let go of the little girl and ran for my life. They chased me for blocks, shouting at me. Saying horrible things to me. They said they would cut me open and let my insides spill out. They said awful things."

Sophie's eyes were glazed over with the memory, but she kept talking like she had to finish the story she had started.

"I was so frightened and out of breath, but I couldn't let them catch me. I don't know when, but I realized that there were no more shouts or running footsteps behind me. I didn't stop. I kept running past the point of pain, afraid that if I looked back it would give them the chance to catch me. I didn't stop until my legs wouldn't carry me further and I collapsed in an alley. The angry demons had just simply disappeared."

She blinked her eyes and turned her focus to me.

"You think I am crazy don't you? Maybe I am. I don't know anymore"

Last edited by fishyfey; 04-29-2011 at 11:13 PM..