View Single Post
Viveka
:3

Old 10-18-2016, 10:52 PM

I registered to vote!! On the last possible day, because I'm such a procrastinator. But still, yay for doing a responsible adult thing!!

*sigh* OK so today was kind of a bad day. I know these are meant to be for collecting happy memories, but I have no one else to vent to. It doesn't even make sense that I'm upset?? Anyway.

Last night I cooked salmon from frozen. My fiance ended up getting pizza later, but I had some of the salmon and thought it tasted all right. It was a little soggy but I had been expecting that. I put the leftovers in the fridge.

Today my fiance wanted lunch so I decided to give him leftovers, since we almost never finish our leftovers (oops ...) I put some of the salmon in the toaster oven and heated it up until it was nice and bubbling on top.

Except for it was either completely soggy, or completely raw, in the middle. Seriously. It looked so bad. He showed it to me and I felt like crying, but I was too dehydrated (lol ... I need to take better care of myself, but our water just tastes so awful) and he got a protein bar instead.

This evening I still felt guilty, so I got him Chinese food - none for myself, though, because I can't afford it. Did he ask if I got anything for myself? Um, no. He even went into the kitchen while I was heating up canned food for myself and didn't notice. He's been upset about a game that he's playing, so I guess that's what's going on.

So much drama about food. A day in my life.

On the plus side, I got a job! Yay! It starts next month. It's a 60 mile round trip commute, which is terrible, but it will at least allow me to keep up on my student loans, and pay for gas and cat food. I can't wait to start. Moping around the house is stressing me out.