View Single Post
Kamikaze Kendra
Music Guru

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to Kamikaze Kendra

Old 11-07-2017, 02:22 AM

I've seen three new ones within the past week, so I'll do a blurb for each!

Suburbicon
The trailers had me intrigued but I almost let the critics reviews pull me away from seeing it since they've been slamming it pretty hard... and I'm glad that I didn't listen. Though it's billed as a comedy don't let that fool you... it's dark as all heck. Luckily, I like dark movies so that didn't pull me away either. Some parts of the plot seemed very abrupt and disjointed, but as a narrative it was still enjoyable. Not to mention that it did a good job of showing how people can be distracted by a small problem and neglect a much larger issue, much like what's been happening in the media for a while now. It was artfully done. And holy crap did these people play the heck out of their roles.
Rating: 3/5

Marshall
The tale of one of the many cases that Thurgood Marshall took on in his younger years, at a time when the NAACP desperately needed a victory. He went to the northeast to defend a driver who was accused of raping his socialite employer. Not only did Chadwick Boseman absolutely kill it as Thurgood, but Josh Gad delivered a surprisingly serious and stupendous performance as Sam Friedman - the Jewish lawyer who was pretty much forced to serve with Thurgood on that case. The acting through the whole thing was absolutely brilliant and I would watch it over and over again. I definitely walked out of the movie with more knowledge than I went in with, which is always a plus.
Rating: 5/5

Thor: Ragnarok
I'm not going to describe it... because spoilers. But I will say that I love Hela's introduction. And the comedy in it was so refreshing and entertaining! It'll serve as an amazing way to transition into Guardians of the Galaxy meeting up with the rest of our heroes in Infinity War since prior to this movie that franchise has had an incredibly different tone than the rest of the MCU.
Rating: 4/5