View Single Post
Drop Bear
The myth or the legend?

Penpal

Old 02-18-2011, 03:47 PM

Sodom leaned out a little to look around Lilith infront of him, so that he could see Kage on the other side. He gave him a sly wink and put a hand up to the side of his mouth, as if to cover what he was saying so that Lilith couldnt see, but deliberately made it so that she could. Saying loud enough that she could certainly hear it, he said to Kage "Hey! I think shes trying to play hard to get! Did you ever have trouble with her like that?"He cackled in laughter, waving a hand to signal he was only kidding about though.

He sipped some wine from his glass again then raised it and peered at the contents again intently. "So i havent slain you with my unbelievably seductive pick up lines?" he murmered to himself... "Not yet anyway... Time to break out the big guns!"

Turning to Lilith, he looked at her, his face solemn, the sincerity in his voice showing as he spoke to her. "My love for you is like diarrhea, I just cant hold it in! My lips are registered weapons, can I invade your personal space? Youre absolutely perfect, but dont speak now, you might spoil it! Though you must have fallen from heaven, that would explain how you messed up your face!" He turned back to his glass again, quiet once more, fingers brushing the bottom of the glass absently. "There," he whispered quietly, "I gave it my best shot!" He looked at the glass and its contents silently for some moments... before he lost his composure again and began to giggle, which evolved into a chuckle, and then quickly progressed to loud hearty laughter!

After a moment, he got a hold of himself and looked at her more seriously. "My dear, if i was in need of company, i can always talk to one of the other voices in my head, or even go and annoy some one else, but unfortunately, seduction is useless on me, and i have little interest in trying it without wanting to experience it... again" The last word came out belatedly and rather quietly, as his mind tripped back to the last time that he had truly ever felt attatched to some one. That some one had been the last of the Karni Freaks, oh so, so many years ago now. He could barely remember her face, but the little things about her he remembered vividly, the way her hair smelled after she had washed it, or the way her eyes glinted mischeviously on a bright day when they had some time alone, even the way she used to walk, that her hips had an alluring rhythm to them that transfixed his gaze and mesmerised him more than once. These were the things that he remembered about his wife. Even as she aged and withered and died as he never seemed to. That was the hardest part of all for him. That she had been allowed to go to the next life, and yet he was forced to endure this one. Stuck here, on this rotting world, where its inhabitants were merely a passing amusement for him.

His thoughts progressed as he tripped back down nostalgia lane, revisiting memories that had happened lifetimes ago it seemed. Suddenly he realised that he was sitting in a public place again, and that people were watching him, looking at him strangely, expectantly, curiously. He looked around at their faces, blinking, remembering again who they were and where he was, and more importantly and profoundly more sadly, that he wasnt with his wife any more.

He looked down at the floor a moment, avoiding everyones gaze for a brief second as he realised he had been silent and far away for much longer than he had realised. He needed a distraction. And quickly.

"Well! Would you look at that!" He said excitedly as he pointed to the floor and then quickly bent down to pick up the object that had miraculously caught his eye and saved the awkward moment from becomming worse. "A lucky penny!" He let it slip from the sleeve of his black and white sleeved shirt and caught it deftly in his white gloved left hand and the held it up for all to see.

"Who would like to see a magic trick with this here lucky penny?" He asked everyone, standing and turning to face the room more fully. "I might even need a volunteer for this trick!" he said with a mischevious glint in his eyes. His mind had already moved on from thoughts of his wife as he focused on the tasks at hand, no longer concerned with nostalgia, but with who and what feats he could pull off infront of this crowd.

He looked from face to face: The woman behind the bar, the one infront of it next to him, the man on the other side of her, the woman sitting at the table who was acquainted with the one next to him, the younger woman sitting on her own at the table the male had come from, looking decidedly nervous, and the one at the back in the corner, looking slightly distressed for some reason, the woman of the mist who stood near the door along with the other figure with the wings. Any one of them could provide amusement and merriment, not just for him, but for others present too. Which of them would be game to become one of his puppets, his play things, as part of his antics though, he wondered?