View Single Post
BlackSwan317
Mad Mae March

Old 04-06-2010, 05:16 AM

((This is a REALLY REALLY LONG POST. I'm sorry. I just got caught up in this story I was telling and lost track of how long it was))

Lixi just smirked. They never would grasp it, humans couldn't. Humans only saw in black and white, fact or fiction, but the world had never been that simple.

"No, no he didn't. That's not he part I'm focussed on. To be entirely honest I don't even know how all this..." she gestured her hand around the room and out toward the window "...came to be. As far as most of us could tell there are lots of things out there like 'god', or whatever you want to call him. So many of you have different names for him, and yet so many of you somehow have even found a connection to the ones that came before he became the one presiding here. I don't know who made what or how it came to be, all I know is he made us. His obedient little servants. The angels. We fallow him or else, end of story. Power beyond believe and near invincibility was granted in exchange for it. But, that wasn't enough for this one. He needed more. Maybe it's where you humans get your love of drama, your need to watch other peoples lives fall apart on stage and screen. Perhaps you because his giant "tv show" the first ever reality show began at the dawn of man? Or maybe he just wanted a little ant farm to watch grow. Hell if I know. All I know is you were made and named his chosen ones. You were given the liberty to act on your own, no real direct orders from him, or communication with him at all really. Oh sure, there were some of you that he gave information and rules to to pass down to the rest of the flocks, usually through the angels might I add, but for the most part you all just cry out at him in the night when you want to speak to him, and hope he hears you, and is feeling benevolent enough to meet your requests. It's sad really." Lixi took a deep breath and glanced up. She knew they wouldn't believe her anyway, so what would it hurt to keep talking.

"All of that isn't the point though, what matters is the first war. You're right, it was a bunch of angels going against 'god', but what I don't think you realize is what it was all about. You see, it all started over you. Humans. God chosen creatures. Your needs he met, he gave you the ability to choose where we had not, he let you control your own lives and serve yourselves, where as we lived only for him and served him. We didn't know there was any other way until after you came along. You could screw up to no end, call him every harsh word, and hate him with bitterness and spite and he'd forgive you and open his arms to you lovingly, but us, we couldn't even fail in the slightest, or speak of discontentment without being cast aside. Then one day, a stranger came into our midst. One who appeared to be as we were, yet none of us knew him. He walked amongst us, and spoke of your freedoms, and our captivity. He wove words of such grandeur about how much more worthy we were than your kind, and about how were he the god of this place he would give us all dominion over you, use you as our amusement, like lambs to the slaughter, nothing but fodder for our wishes." She stared out of the window as though in a daze, quivering slightly to remember the face that had seemed so sweet and concerned back then, that only a short span later turned to the face of pure evil. "And the kicker is, that HE was so caught up taking care of you, his perfect pets, that he never even noticed the stranger among us. Not that I blame him for that, from what I've seen, you are all quite the handful. So needy and demanding all the time. If the state of the world, and what you have on that map there, are any indication, I'd say he's rapidly loosing control of you anyway."

Lixi stood and turned back toward the wall with the window and walked over to it. She rested her hand on it lightly and noted it's concrete construction. She couldn't help but wonder if it was to keep something out, or to keep something in. No matter, the things she was used to dealing with wouldn't even give it the batting of an eye anyway. She stepped slowly down to the corner where it intersected the next wall. Even the interior walls here seemed to be made of the heavy man made stone. With a sigh she leaned her back into the corner and let herself slump down to the floor, pulling her knees up to her chest like a small child as she did. It had been a long day, a long week, a long lifetime, and Lixi was beginning to realize just how ready she was for the end, but what end she didn't know. "I am so very tired..." She mumbled quietly to herself. Remembering what she'd been doing she turned her attention back to the two humans in the room.

"Beg your pardon. I drifted away for a moment. Anyway, where was I?" She stopped to recall her train of thought. "Oh yes! The third that fallowed the stranger. Right." She pulled her coat tighter around herself. Cold didn't effect her the way it did humans, but she'd still never become fond of it. "A third of our numbers listened to what this stranger had to say. I must admit, I myself was swayed a little at first, but not tot eh extreme that he called for. He began calling for an uprising. The details really aren't that important here, just ancient history now, but suffice it to say he started to call for the end of the reign of 'god' with a new ruling class of all in this world, led by the angels that fallowed him, and headed by him as their new god. The remaining two thirds of the angels felt this was to much, to extreme, and began to stand against him. Four of the angels who remained loyal to 'god' went to him to make him away, and thus became the leaders of his 'army', the four head angels, arch angels I think you know them as. Later they were given individual aspects of the world to take charge of. One to be the leader of war, wrath, and punishment, one to govern over the elemental parts of the world, earth, water, fire, the air, etc, one to serve as the chief messenger of god himself to all men and angels alike, and one, the kindest one, with the most compassion, was given sovereignty over you and your kind, a watcher, a guardian for you against all those who fell." Lixi smirked again for a brief moment "But I guess we haven't covered that yet... so lets." She stood up with a groan, even her immortal body was beginning to feel the wear of time. She'd been here far to long. This place had a way of aging anyone eventually. When first she'd come to this place the humans mistook her earthly form for something not much older than a child. An adolescent youth in it's prime. Now, almost 5 millenia later, she could pass as a full fledged adult human in it's late twenties. She began pacing the length of the wall as she continued her tale. "As I'm sure you've already guessed, war fallowed. A third fallowing the stranger, who, though out numbered, fought with the new found strength of independent thinking, a true belief in what they were fighting for. Of the remainder, a third of a third stood back, refusing to fight. This is where I came in. Some stayed still out of fear for picking the loosing side. Some simply couldn't bring themselves to raise a hand against their brothers, no matter the reason. A few though, such as myself, simply didn't see why the war had to exist. I always felt both leaders were at fault, and refused to be a pawn to die for their causes while they sat safely behind their armies. Maybe that makes me cruel. Maybe it makes me selfish. Hell, maybe it even makes me a coward. I don't know. What I do know is that it wasn't my war. Yet, for my refusal to make it my war, I, like all those who wouldn't choose, was still punished. You know what happened to the demons I'd guess. Banished to hell, though they found a way back to torment the earth out of anger and spite for god and for your kind alike."

Here she leaned against the wall, her one arm just at the height of her forehead. she leaned forward and let her head rest against her arm. Closing her eyes she imagined what it was like back then, back in that moment when her kind were told of their fate. Sadness and dispair welled up within her again, thinking of the way some of her brothers and sisters cried out to god for forgiveness, wailing and screaming of their repentance, but they were met with none. Rage to billowed it's way up through her heart for a moment as she remembered the pain of the moment she knew she'd truly been severed from the life she once had. Her power and strength draining from her as though she'd been stabbed and was bleeding to death rapidly. Then, darkness... nothing but darkness, and a tingling sensation as though she were falling from a great height. When she awoke, she was in a vast barron waist land. Nothing but sand as far as she could see. It was freezing then, and the cold light of the moon illuminated the brilliant white sand. The shadows of it's peaked drifts seemed to dance and move. All around she thought she things sinister and evil. This was her first introduction to the human world.

"My kind... we were cast out as well, but not to hell. We were stripped of our powers, and our pride. Cut off from all those we knew, shunned and shamed before them. We were cast here, and scattered across the face of the earth. I won't lie, many of my kind do hate you now. You are afforded a forgiveness we can never have. I however, can't bring myself to blame you. You never asked for the role you were put in. The true bane to our existence though, is the hatred we receive from every living thing of earth, of above, and even from below. The angels and demons alike hate us and would kill as just as soon as look at us for not supporting their side. And humans, well, I'm sure you know how most of your kind react to things they don't understand. We're cursed to walk forever alone. We were forced to retain just enough of our power to prevent us from ever dying without being killed in certain very tedious ways. That same bit of power gives us enough strength to still be able to do a few things. It differs for each of us though, and we only regained those with much time and focus. It also does one other thing though to add to the curse. It makes us stand out just enough to not be safe in the company of humans for long, which is only amplified when we are around others of our kind, making us more detectable to the demons and angels who walk here now. This makes it impossible for us to ever seek company, be it of humans, or of another of our own that we may encounter from time to time... It was this that caused so many of us to be wiped out already." The last thought brought back another far more painful memory for Lixi, and she closed her eyes tightly to fight off the tears welling up in her eyes, closing her mouth with it. She'd said enough for now.