View Single Post
ljosberinn
This is an obnoxious and offensive message.

Old 07-10-2010, 09:19 PM

Since there seems to be a fair amount of circus fans and jesters around this feast, I thought I'd do a little hangout, mostly aimed at juggling enthusiasts (such as myself), but everyone is welcome to come here and chat!

I'll be putting up some links, videos and more that I think are helpful for jugglers and performers, and you're welcome to share some of yours as well, plus any tips and tricks you might know and think would be helpful.

If you'll start by doing a bit of an introductory post, then that'd be swell - do you juggle? If so, what do you do; if not, do you know anyone that does? Are you interested in learning? What drew you to the thread, and so on.. whatever you think fits or you want to say. :)

I myself started spinning poi just before Christmas last, then when I broke my ankle in February, I started doing contact juggling since I couldn't balance myself with the poi. Soon after I started walking without crutches again, I started going to weekly juggling meetings in London, and started playing with flowerstix (also known as devil- or lunastix). When I came back home to Iceland for the summer, I got to know some members of the circus here, and have been going to some of their practices. I also bought three juggling balls and am sort of getting the hang of that now.
I've never done much acrobatics, though the circus group here does a lot of that, but because of my ankle being a bit sensitive still and because I sprained my back a couple of weeks back, I haven't been able to participate, though I'd love to learn.

Anyway, I'll reserve one more post to put up links and such, after that the floor is yours!