View Single Post
Hyena
Cannibal

Old 07-05-2011, 05:51 PM

He looked down at her, pleading for his forgiveness and felt out of place: that he could make her beg in her own space where she was god. He didn't know how he felt about it. Lips tight in indecision, futile, he sank down, staring at something unseen in front of him. The thought of losing her never ceased to make him feel like shit, and now that the threat of losing her had tripled he triply felt like shit.

"I can't forgive you," he said, in a voice so wise that it surprised even him. "Not until I know what you traded."
---

Vulture was beginning to feel a bit like she had a bad case of heartburn. She narrowed Martin's eyes in scrutiny. "I hope you two are enjoying yourselves in there," she said aloud. When there was no answer, she subsided, and continued staring at the walls of Crowley's chambers. There was quite little else to do.

---

"She what?" Adja said angrily, and had a very vague feeling, through some cosmic link that was somewhat foreign to her, that she and her brother were at this moment having the very same conversation. However, she was far too angry to pick up on that subtle nagging in the back of her brain. "I can't believe it. This has to be ignorance. What sort of 'agreement?' What did he want in return?" She was now convinced, more than ever, that Lixi and Martin were a perfect match in their stupidity.