View Single Post
BlackSwan317
Mad Mae March

Old 07-14-2011, 03:16 AM

"Do you require anything?" Quar's voice came from the doorway into Crowley's room. He stood there, toes less than an inch from the line of dirt, peering in at Martin's body, well aware of the consciousness of the thing within it. Lixi was beyond being able to be aware of anything said near her body, as he imagined Martin was. Now seemed as good a time as any to work on the second set of orders Crowley had given him, though he was only vaguely aware of his teachers accomplishments in the matter.
"I'm not like her. I won't treat you poorly or with disdain just because of what you are or your current situation. I really will help as best I can within the bounds of my orders."

-----

Lixi returned the kiss with an eager longing. her heart fluttered a bit as she let her body melt forward to press her torso to his, relieved that she hadn't completely lost him in all of this, as she'd been beginning to fear she had before they entered this state. A genuine smile stretched across her lips when finally she broke the kiss to respond to his statement.

"Well then, maybe that should be the first thing we do after all this is done. Run off to... somewhere... the plain states maybe? And go in search of the best steakhouse we can find. Somewhere off the beaten trail, that few people have ever heard of, where the families that own it have been perfecting their craft for generations. We can steal a car, just drive till we find one we wanna go to, drive for days maybe, not tell anyone where we're going. We can disappear completely for a while." She day dreamed about the idea of just vanishing with him by a normal, conventional human means, nothing supernatural, nothing other worldly, just two people on a road trip, because they wanted to be, not because they were hiding or running from some great imminent doom. "I know I'd like that. Not have to worry about a thing accept where we feel like staying that night, or what road we feel like taking, or where we wanna have our proper date."

In the back of her mind, however, was still the matter of business. Lixi made a silent mental note to have him ask Quar to research higher ranking powerful demons that were still known to make deals in hopes of finding a name to summon that may prove useful for contacting the stranger. She also knew this would be something that she herself would likely have to do, somewhere outside the bounds of the temple, as opening connections to those sort of forces was never something to be done in a sacred space. The thought of the temples as a sacred space also lead her to another idea. If Joel needed energy magic, why just make Adja do it alone? Perhaps having Crowley send out a call throughout all his temples for any and all available children under his teaching to come aid them. Surely it would increase Adja's chances of survival and success. She smiled all the more as she stored the thoughts away for now, and leaned in to kiss her love once again so as to avoid breaking the pleasant mood they'd found there way back to.