View Single Post
Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!
Send a message via AIM to Xavirne Send a message via MSN to Xavirne Send a message via Yahoo to Xavirne

Old 11-06-2015, 10:07 PM

As his eyes slid to meet hers, that same sour tone came through in his voice. "Oh trust me, I'm never unarmed. I might not appear competent in battle but that's merely because," his attention immediately fell to the object, "some things are not as they appear."

With that, he swung back over the railing and approached their fire. As he stood by with his legs apart and arms crossed over his chest, he let his ears listen to the world around him. He could hear the girls talking about a bird. Ryna sighing, as usual. And Reno... well she was already onto the next thing. Did the woman ever know when to slow down?

Breathing in the world around him, a whisper came to the back of his head.

When do I finally get to reveal myself?

Preferably never.

Well that's just rude. How are you supposed to help me on my quest and I on yours if I'm always a stupid sword.

Because we don't need the Unai to know that I'm working with a spirit from hell just yet. For all we know, they could be against such contracts and this would complicate things. A lot.

Why yes, we wouldn't want little Reno crying about the loss of her girlfriend.

Zero rolled his eyes.

Speaking of, do you think she would like me.

What?

I'm serious, you've seen me as a man. Think I would have a better chance? I mean, Reno is a catch and all, but I'm the real deal.

Were you not listening? I don't know how they'll take to you.

Relax. Chillax. Ease up. Lighten up.

Shoving his katana into its sheath completely, he whirled around to get back in touch with the world around him.

"It's quiet," he finally spoke aloud. "I don't trust it." A growl seized his lips.

---------- Post added 11-06-2015 at 05:11 PM ----------

"Eh?" Reno pulled her head from the bush. "Mean? That thing. Uh, hello! My head is way bigger than that little thing. I think I'll be fine." Flicking her blonde hair aside, she ran over to another bush. "Ryna," she whispered, "I found your berries."

The woman with black hair sauntered over and began to pick at the berries that dotted the bush. They were lovely in color and safe to eat. Well, they were safe for her to eat. She wasn't sure about the Unai.

Reno, as expected, had her head in another bush. "Oh oh oh, I found eggs." Pulling her head out, she pointed to the bush and jumped happily. "Since you're careful-er, you should carry them." She flashed Rory a smile, hoping that she would comply. In all honesty, it was probably wise for Reno to be the only one not holding something.

"So," Ryna's voice interrupted Reno's gloating, "it sounds like you've been here before. Anything we should know about this island before it comes to stab us in the back?" Ryna's tone was cold and bleak, as always.