View Single Post
p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 03-16-2012, 10:42 PM

Gemma puffed up her chest at the sight of Ryek drawing his hand back as if to dare him. Her eyes narrowed and her fists clenched. She averted her eyes to Belle when Ryek did. Her fists unclenched and she stared almost blankly at the half elf. Who was this woman? Gemma frowned at Ryek's words of them in the way. She could hold her own on a ship, she knew exactly how to run one, but her eyes found the ship in the distance just as the sound of cannon fire ripped through the air.

Gemma didn't protest now, she followed Belle to the stairs, stopping briefly to glance over her shoulder at Ryek. She was trusting him now to get his ship and all those aboard to safety, but she wouldn't soon forget her map. Turning again, she followed Belle down the stairs.

~~~*~~~*~~~

Azaela had been following the ship for some time, but the closer they got to land, the more her father's nagging words rang in her head. If she went any further, Poseidon would certainly be furious. She dove below the surface and turned around to head in the opposite direction when the loud boom of the cannons began. The vibrations shook her to her very core. What was that? She'd never experienced anything like that before. Her sapphire eyes poked above the water again. She had to go see what was happening.

Diving under the water Azaela swam quickly under the ship firing upon Tortuga, placing herself between it and the land. She came up again facing the ship. She stared wide eyed at the cannons as they fired upon the town. She had seen those before on sunken ships! But what were they? She turned her back to the ship and faced the burning town. It was so beautiful. What was all of that bright orange color jumping into the night sky? She waded there mesmerized by the vibrations of the water and the fire that engulfed the town not paying attention to anything else now.

((Sorry I hope this made sense! I've got family over and my mind is somewhere else!))

Last edited by p o p p e t ♥; 03-16-2012 at 10:53 PM..