View Single Post
Mira-Charma13
The Almighty Tallest

Old 02-12-2015, 06:12 PM

Malum watched his new roommate, gaze affixed on him in a sideways stare. Even so, he seemed to be watching intently. He squinted in an almost suspicious manner at the brown bottle before reaching out to snatch up his black messenger bag again. He rose from his seat on the bed, heading straight for his locked dresser. "I'm not allergic to anything. Nope. Nothing. I don't drink alcohol. Soda is fine...but I prefer energy drinks." Luckily enough for him, the school cafeteria sold energy drinks on a regular basis. As well, there was a soda machine just down the hall.

It was strange that he himself didn't have a mini-fridge along with him...but perhaps it wasn't necessary. Maybe he didn't eat a lot? Well, that was true...but his parents also refused to purchase one for him.

"I don't mind having a photographic memory," the brunette admitted, rummaging through one of the drawers. He was apparently searching for a book or two to take along to the library. "It's quite easy for me to memorize all manner of content. I rarely forget things. I don't even have to take notes...though, I do anyway. Instructors tend to get angry when someone isn't taking notes, even though I've explained to them several times that it's not necessary for me. And they're always handy to have laying around, just in case I actually do forget something."

Malum finally managed to find the books he was looking for. One was purple and the other was orange-ish red. Both books were thick and had pictures of fierce-looking cats on the cover. He slipped them into his messenger bag. "My father has the same eye color," he admitted, fishing around in yet another drawer. He unearthed a blank notebook, which he also slid into the messenger bag. "So it's genetic." The brunette shifted his weight from one leg to the other as he locked up the dresser once again. "I need to go to the library. There are some books I'd like to check out. Not textbooks or anything of the like...just a bit of light reading. I already have the textbooks memorized. So I never needed to purchase them."

Hm...no doubt, the teachers wouldn't be happy to learn that one of their students was lacking textbooks. But would they be so unhappy when he started acing their tests with apparent ease?