View Single Post
HC-Gal
Badass Freakin' Overlord!
Send a message via MSN to HC-Gal Send a message via Yahoo to HC-Gal

Old 09-06-2014, 06:46 AM

Numira glanced aside to Kiernan with a smile, an attempt to reassure him, she barely even noticed that he was touching her, or rather, she did, but she didn't care, it was an oddly freeing realization, especially since she trusted him. She shook her head calmly,
"Nothing, I think I was.. What is the word.. Um.." She paused briefly, trying to think of what it was before the translators finally came up with the correct solution, "Imagining something..?" She questioned Kiernan, mostly so she knew she was phrasing it properly. She shifted a little, reaching up, almost unconsciously to his arm so that she could rest her hand in the crux of his elbow.

The motion seemed natural enough, at least to her, it allowed her to use him for balance, not that she needed it entirely, it was habitual but felt more pleasant than it normally did. She grasped the side of her dress gently with her other hand, taking gentler steps along the forest as her red eyes continued to gaze forward. Sometimes her eyes fell to the forest floor, as if unsure of her footing, which in itself might have been strange considering how well she had been maneuvering at full pelt.

Eventually she would smile up at Kiernan again, though then her face became slightly neutral,
"Wanted to ask you.. If you had family.. But then remembered mine.. Unpleasant subject." She concluded, staring forward again, her lips shifting slightly as she tried to come up with a new conversational topic, they had to pass the time still, otherwise they would just be walking in silence. And in a forest like this, that seemed a little too dull, "It is nice to have fun again.. To talk to some-one.." She added softly, pulling herself closer to his arm and glancing up at him again with a more simple smile, "I am glad it was you, also. It is as you said. Refreshing."