View Single Post
M i n u x e
Jiggly Jell-o

Old 07-20-2016, 01:51 PM

Hey guys, I'm sure none of you know me but I am a long-time Mene user who hasn't been active for years but I have recently gotten interested in DnD and would like to try it out in a safe environment with you guys. My introduction to DnD came from watching YouTube videos from people I had been subscribed to for other reasons.
It seems like it would be very fun to try and I like RPGs. However I have only watched live DnD and this would be online, which I know will be different but I hope it can still have some of the spontaneous player dialogue that live DnD does.
Interestingly, before I even found your thread I was thinking about being a human cleric like Kat was going to be before she had to pull out. I have a rough idea of my character in my mind, in fact my avatar right now closely resembles what my character would look like.
I started to read the DnD manual for character creation yesterday but need to read more before I begin my character sheet.
I have 2 questions for you guys:
Who is the GM? It seems like it is Inspiration, meaning she is both the GM and a player.
Do you have an estimated date for when this would start? I am in summer school but it will end in 2 weeks. I can still be reasonably active during school. Also, typically how frequently are players expected to post each day once it starts? Is it infrequent like <5, 5-10, or a lot like 12-20?

I am a young adult that is friendly, open-minded, and in my last semester of nursing school. My time zone is EST just so you guys know when I will roughly be on. :)
I look forward to playing with you guys!