View Single Post
PhoenixNeko
When times are tough..... chuck the Axe at the dude trying to choke you with it.

Old 01-21-2011, 01:30 AM

Yuffie in what appeared to be a moment of shock from the tears ran off down the street. I pulled out my phone and called Tifa. After three rings I got an answer.

"Seventh Heaven Bar and Restaurant. How may I help you?"

"Tifa. Do you think you could locate Yuffie and see if she is alright? I told her that I turned down another girl and she ran crying from me in obvious shock."

Tifa just answered with sadness in her voice. "OK Vince. I just wish that you would tell her that you love her."

I hung up and started walking to the clothing outlet. I would not dwell on the fact that I have developed feelings for Yuffie. If I ignore them they will go away.

~~~~~

At the outlet I also ignored the clerk's strange behavior and purchased myself three pairs of black jeans and two pairs of blue denim.

Walking back home I found a little girl alone and lost. She had said that she walked away from her mother for only a moment to look at the toys, when her parent had disappeared.

Taking her into the store to ask the owner for help, we found that all he could do was call the police. So I allowed him to and we waited for them to arrive.

A hour later I was in the station house filling out my information. For some reason that felt like beyond my control I was becoming the legal guardian of the girl. Her mother was found strangled in an alleyway across Edge. Signs of abuse on her body.

After I finished, little Claire walked up to me, looked me in the eyes and asked, "Are you my daddy now?"

And not for the last time I knew I was asking myself, 'What have I gotten myself into?'

Last edited by PhoenixNeko; 12-01-2014 at 07:51 PM.. Reason: Spelling Errors...