View Single Post
PhoenixNeko
When times are tough..... chuck the Axe at the dude trying to choke you with it.

Old 02-19-2011, 08:47 PM

After getting Claire back to the apartment I called Reno. He needed to know about the change in my housing status. He suggested that I call my landlord and switch apartments, moving from a two bedroom on the third floor to a four bedroom on the fifth floor.

Following Reno's advice I did as he suggested. My landlord was all too fine with the switch. Though he wondered why I would need the use of two extra rooms. When I told him that I was going to hire a live in teacher for my ward he said that was a great plan.

~~~~~

That evening Reno, Rude, Elena, and Tseng all came over to help me move. When I took Reno aside to ask why Tseng was there, he told me that it was just to help with the move. Tseng was still apparently unaware of what he's subordinates were up to.

~~~~~

The next morning I took Claire to the Seventh Heaven. Tifa was behind the counter preparing for the day's arrivals. "Good Morning Tifa." I intoned.

Looking up, Tifa spotted my young charge hiding behind me. "Vince, it looks as if you've picked up someone.." She said in a calm voice. She must have been trying not to frighten the child.

"I know." I said. "Her name is Claire. She's my ward. I don't know anything about shopping for a little girl. Could you take her and buy the clothing for her. I'll tend the bar." I was hopeful.

"What about the money to buy her things with?" Tifa asked just as expectantly as anyone with any sense would.

"I'll pay you back when I get the money. You know I'm good for it." And I was. I'd rarely borrowed money from my comrades in arms, but when I have I've always payed back.

Tifa nodded and walked over to stand in front of Claire. "Hello Claire. I'm Tifa. I'm going to take you out to buy you some new clothes." She half turned to me. "What colors should I get her? Is she supposed to be in mourning?" She had plenty of experience with orphans.

I nodded. "Yes. I would suggest either purple or pink for her personal color." I looked at her. The store owner had given her a box of crayons and a coloring book when he heard that her mother was killed. The two colors she preferred were those.

"Claire," I said. She looked at me. "I would like you to go with Tifa. She will take care of you."

~~~~~

Several hours later Tifa returned carrying several shopping bags full of things. When I gave her a look of annoyance she said, "I don't expect you to pay it all back right away. Besides one hundred and fifty Gil are things from me to her as presents. She's five years old now anyway."

When I looked at the bags, then to Claire's tiny face beaming at me, I thought for the first time with an amused and happy feeling, 'What have I gotten myself into?'

Last edited by PhoenixNeko; 12-01-2014 at 07:58 PM.. Reason: spelling grammer and additions