View Single Post
Mama Juru
Why you crying?
Assistant Administrator

Old 08-27-2007, 08:48 PM

Pearl slowly walked the dock inspecting each of the ships that were there. She knew all the captains personally since most had been on voyages with her or patrons of the bar. She came across one, The Syren's Scream and took a closer look. It wasn't a big ship, maybe could hold about 70 men give or take, but it would serve their purpose. She didn't want a big war ship with massive sails, especially if they were going to be avoiding any naval entanglement while abroad.

She spoke to the owner of the vessel and showed him the satchel she held. He eyed her suspiciously but took the satchel to look inside to make sure she wasn't trying to pull anything over on him. She put her hand on her hip and glared at the man. "Ye knows I ain't gonna swindle ya. Why we gots ta go through like this e'ry time we make a deal. I ain't got no bar to go back to so I might as well sail in to tha sunset eh?" She chuckled and elbowed the man, hoping that the gold inside would be enough. He mentioned Franz's behavior and Pearl told him she had already taken care of that. When satisfied the captain spit in the palm of his hand and offered it to Pearl. She followed suit and the deal was done.

As the greedy man she knew he was, the captain high tailed it off the dock to places unknown to count up his sum. Pearl knew she paid more than the ship was worth but it didn't matter. She hobbled back about half way down the dock and shouted to the others. "Oi! Ye comin or what?!"