Thread: To Be Human
View Single Post
NekoLen
Tachigami's Personal Slave

Penpal

Old 03-29-2014, 02:33 AM

"Is everything alright?" Dan asked Jacob, who was found in the living room, leaning against a window. It was one of the only windows that looked out to the backyard and he hoped the man hadn't seen his pet. He wasn't ready. Many became shocked and frightened when they met his pet for the first time. Dan had to make sure the house was locked so Jacob couldn't get away. "You look a bit shaken, are you sure you don't want a cup of tea to calm your nerves? I'm sorry if the setting is a bit creepy, but be assured that I am not a bad guy. You can use my home phone to call home if you want a familiar voice." He gestured towards a cord phone that hung on the wall. "My reception out here isn't that great, so even that phone fails sometimes."

He grinned and sat on the sofa, turning on the TV. The large satellite dish on his roof made it so he could get clear reception, but for some reason the phone lines always suffered. He had also set it up to disconnect if certain numbers were dialled, but he wouldn't tell Jacob that.