Send a message via AIM to Winnsome Send a message via MSN to Winnsome

Old 05-21-2007, 08:01 AM

Theme: 002: Lip Cream
List: 100 themes
Rating: PG
Characters/Pairing: Theodore/Adel, Rising/Affinity, Janel
Summary: The resemblance is uncanny.

“Can you tell who is who?”

Twin identical eyes stared at him. Yes, Theo should have known: Adel had freckles, while Affinity didn’t, but today they were concealed by simple makeup, and he found himself floored.

“Hey Rising,” Theo motioned towards his girlfriend’s twin’s boyfriend (hence, his friend in some dimensions), “Come here and help me out.”

Rising wandered over from his locker and turned to stare at the pair in identical clothing. “Woah, you guys look exactly the same,” he said slowly.

“No shit,” Affinity – or was that Adel? – rolled her eyes, placing a careful hand on the hip.

“Seriously?” Theo ventured, “Everything? Underwear, jean size – everything?”

“Everything,” they said in union. Then the one on the right added, “Well, we used different lip glosses, but tasting the wrong one would be rather dangerous, eh?”

Theo and Rising nodded feverishly.

“Addy, stop teasing the boys,” Janel groaned, walking over towards the group, “You’re going to make them late for class.” The one on the right scowled – Adel, yes, now that Theo thought of it, Adel was the one with the cocky attitude and occasionally vulgar speech – that was his girlfriend, alright. The girls turned and left after extracting a quick promise from the boys to meet at the usual place for lunch.

“That was sort of freaky,” Rising said when they had rounded the corner.

“Yeah,” Theo replied, turning to his locker. What if he had one day, mistaken Affinity for Adel, and –

He shuddered at the thought of that, and wondered belatedly what difference in flavors of lip gloss the two used.

Quick Additional Author's Note:
I've always established Affinity and Adel as dressing very differently than each other, but there is always that... thing, there. What if, on Twin Day (during Spirit weeks at school) or when they grow up and dress out of their childish styles of clothing, they begin to dress alike?
What would you do if your girlfriend suddenly developed a twin and you couldn't tell the difference?
The difference will always be there, but Theo's a bit... worried, now. Concerned. It's a small fear that would be resolved later, but right now, when their relationships are still so young, it's an issue. x]
There is obvious hope though, because Janel can still tell the difference between the two. xD

This was spurred on also partly by the new art I received of my two lovely twinnies:
By tuna and sethirius
Check it out!