View Single Post
Chexala
cat whisperer

Penpal

Old 02-12-2015, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ava The Vampire View Post
@Chexala
That sounds awesome! Where did you get your Diva Cup? I've been very interested in getting a menstrual cup, but I have no idea where to buy it except online. Do you feel it when it's in? That's the thing that I'm most concerned with is being uncomfortable with it...

I could never seem to wear tampons because no matter how I put them in, I always felt uncomfortable. My friends would tell me it's because I have it in wrong, but I've done it a bunch of times, did it exactly how the directions say, I did it exactly how my friends told me to do it, but it still felt uncomfortable.
I got my cup at the health food co-op where I was shopping at the time. I live in California where there are health food markets everywhere and they tend to carry lots of "green" and alternative health products, so that would be my first recommendation of where to look for one.

Personally, I never feel my cup once I've put it in properly. It has a little tab at the bottom for pulling it out and sometimes I've felt that a little, but it's fixed by pushing the cup in to the proper depth. (It's meant to create a light seal around the opening of the cervix so that there isn't any spillage.) I've never had discomfort with tampons before though, so I can't say how a cup might feel for you.