View Single Post
Ceridwen_Crystaline Ikoda
The Inconsistent Wraith

Old 10-29-2007, 01:31 AM

You gaze about in wide wonderment of your new surroundings. At first glance it seems your average great all, but upon closer inspection your eyes behold lavish scenery that seems like tapistry come to life, with fresh and flourishing flora, all naturally or delicately dyed a deep crimson, vibrant music spilling all around the room and filling your ears, and beautiful decorations of all shapes and sizes in colours of the season strewn about for the eye to behold. The intoxicating aroma more overwhelming and delightful as ever as it coils around your body and embraces you.

Who could be the owner of such a lavish place? You chuckle at the glaring cliches all around you. A wealthy billionaire with too much time on his hands? Or a few eccentric people with none on their hands but a penchant for boredom induced procrastination. Perhaps some dark lord of the undead? That squirrel who always seems to be glaring at you in the tree across the street as you get your morning paper? Who knows.

However, you don't find much time to think about it, as you note a considerable change in tempo, the music growing faster and much more upbeat. As if in response to this musical shift, the room darkens to a near blind black, as you swivel your body about every which way in confusion. "What in the-...?"

The voice rings out. Loud, proud. And distinctly feminine. A cackle, followed by the most peculiar lyrics you've had chance to hear in some time, the background singing (which she seems to be providing herself, or maybe that leathery flutter you hear is the beating of bat background singer wings?!). Was this some haunted dance hall or a campy musical number, seriously?
(Song can be found here: http://www.esnips.com/doc/23d539d2-2...30f/Evil_Queen When listening, appease me and substitute Marjoly for Crysjoly xD I do not own, Evil Queen and the Marjoly family (Crowdia, Gao, Myao and Marjoly singing respectively <3) are from the game Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure)
As the onslaught on your eardrums seems to come to a close, a gleeful cackle rings out, followed by a shrill "Hit the lights damn it!".

(Rules: Right, okay guys, if you haven't already gathered, I have decided to stray from the norm and create a somewhat different holiday hang out.
Consider yourself welcome to our first annual RP-based Halloween Ball.
But shouldn't this be in the RP forum?
Normally, yes. However, I believe an exception is in order as this is Menewshan based and in the spirits of this very Halloween Event Forum.
So, some basic stuff.
- Follow the basic ToS, common knowledge.
- Don't be an ass, respect everyone in this thread equally. Have some problems with anyone, take it elsewhere. This may be an rp, but we don't like drama here beeches.
-Adhere to the basic idea of this thread, please? You don't have to be Johnny Literate or overtly creative, but that doesn't mean I will permit chatspeak in the least. Normally, if jokingly, yes. But not today, please. Literacy is not difficult, basically, just take your average conversations here in the forum and drag them out. Rather than "*she walks in* *looks around* Hi." try "The young woman stepped into the room, taking a look around. "Hello," she said." Simple enough.
- Please remain in character, and our characters for this evening? Our AVATARS. Don't get me wrong, I love a good rp, and I LOVE OCs, but I wanna keep this festive and in the Menewshan spirits. =3 If you want to have discussions out of character, please use parantheses ((like so))
- Be creative!~ Nothing like the halloween season for it, darlings.
- We all like description, but no walls of text, please. xX; This is a forum, meaning conversation. A few paragraphs oughtta be enough to say what you want, if that.
- I heart you <3
- From time to time, art will be given, sold, or shown in this thread. If it isn't yours, DON'T TAKE IT.
- No Godmodding. Common knowledge, and nothing pisses me off more. 'd largely prefer it if you checked the magic powers at the door, too. A few here and there in the sake of halloween are great, if yuo wanna be a vampire/werewolf/witch, and you have the avy to match, all the power to ya, but be reasonable. <3
-Have fun!)