View Single Post
Tachigami
It's quiet, now.
Send a message via AIM to Tachigami

Old 12-09-2012, 10:04 PM

As Gerard waved off the carriage, Isla led the way through the gate, placing an arm around Nicoletta for a moment before she brought out a key from a necklace, fitting it into the lock and turning. "We'll have an extra key made for you around noon tomorrow." She said to Mel as they entered the foyer. Warm, spacious, but easy-going and well-lived. The carpet runner was an earthy tone of brown, the walls beige, a few bookshelves stretching toward the ceiling here and there.

Nicoletta nodded farewell before taking her bags upstairs to her room. She had a basket she never really used anymore, so she'd arrange the fruits in it. She's always been artistic.

Gerard watched her go, then turned to Mel. "We hope you find it comfortable here. Come, I'll show you where you'll be sleeping." He started off after Nicoletta had gone, following her previous trek up the stairs and to the right, then up another, slightly narrower flight of stairs to the third level. Passing four doors, Gerard stopped outside one near a tightly spiraling staircase that led to the attic and opened the door, presenting the room Mel would call his own. A mixture of gray-green carpeting reached wall to wall, and a double bed stood cornered next to a window fitted with green curtains. A fireplace stood against the far right wall with a couch in front of it, and two narrow bookshelves on either side. One door close to the bed led to a closet, and the door farthest along the right wall led to an attached bathroom. Plants both hung from the ceiling and grouped in corners.

"It's dreadful to see you in such despicable clothing." Gerard said with a sigh, turning to Mel. "First thing tomorrow, I'll send Nicoletta along with you to buy a new wardrobe, and you can take that day to get a feel for the house so you don't become accidentally lost." He patted Mel on the shoulder. "I'm sorry for your past abuses, and the family you were forced to leave behind." He muttered. "Maybe sometime soon, we can change that." He gave a half smile, and turned, walking back down the stairs. "Dinner should be in thirty minutes." He called over his shoulder. "You'll find some of my old clothes in the box in the closet if you'd like to wear those in the meantime!"