Thread: Forgotten Wars
View Single Post
Tachigami
It's quiet, now.
Send a message via AIM to Tachigami

Old 04-17-2014, 05:18 AM

He didn't sleep well at all. He heard almost everything that happened outside the door of his office and every word the guards spoke when they thought he was either not there or asleep. They were stupid enough to talk about their own torments of the prisoners when they didn't think Lee was around to reprimand them, how they would slap them around or threaten them with their weapons, or even withhold what little food they were allowed and eat it in front of them. It used to bother Lee because he was being undermined, his orders and words weren't being followed very, very specifically. Now it angered him because they were already tormented enough. When he'd had enough of the blatant disregard of his direct orders Lee stood and pocketed several pens, then barged out of his office.

The two that were just a few paces down the hall turned and paled. Kai-liang and Zhou were on their morning shift and they had apparently not expected Lee to be in his office so early. "Zhou, did I hear correctly?" Lee's cold, stony exterior came back at once, his eyes dark and flinty and his voice held that usual low, dangerous tone. "You and Kai-liang are abusing prisoners against my very, very specific orders?"

"N-no---" Kai-liang was first to try to protest, then Zhou put a hand up. "Yes, sir." He said, visibly trying to chase the tremor from his voice.

"And you realize I have a no tolerance policy." Lee crossed his arms.

"We do..." Kai-liang's voice was low. "We apologize---"

"As I have told you, apologies are not of my concern. If you need to apologize you need to learn." Lee pointed behind them. "I want you both out. Take this to your general and have him call a meeting for us. I had better get an email from him by the end of the day, are we clear?" When they nodded, he sighed. "Now. Get out." He had a prisoner to 'interrogate' after all. The two men nodded quickly and retreated quickly, scuttling away like misbehaving dogs.