Penpal

Old 12-25-2013, 07:00 AM

I claim this post for potatoes
And now we boogie

My Entry to the Menewsha Minute
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperZombiePotatoe
All the Fine Feathered Cannibals

Halloween is considered to be one of the most exciting holidays of the year. Dressing up in brilliant (or not) costumes, staying up late, eating sugar until you puke are all things that one would expect to happen on this delightful holiday. But, no one in Menewsha would have expected Halloween 2013 to be the birthday of Cannibal Birdies, Menewsha’s first experimental band, not even it’s own members. But it was.

It all started out as a conversation between band members hummy (lead vocals and tambourine), elizabeth_mazur (drums and backing vocals) and SuperZombiePotatoe, (keytar and backing vocals), along with a few other Menewsha residents. “We were discussing whether or not I’m a cannibal for eating potatoes,” said SuperZombiePotatoe,” Then someone mentioned the fact that pelicans eat other birds, which made me feel much better about myself. It was hummy who coined the name Cannibal birdies and elizabeth_mazur who came up with the idea of a band. So, yeah, we all had a part in it.”

There are hundreds of bands all over the world, but what is it that makes this one so special. The obvious answer is their sound. When asked about it, elizabeth_mazur said,” If a metal head and a glam rocker had a kid and the kid was raised by ABBA, then that kid would be Cannibal Birdies. I bring the metal, SZP brings the glam and hummy brings the disco… and it just works.”

“There’s a lot of pressure,” said hummy,” But, it’s outweighed by all the kind people who send good wishes and support. We’ll definitely put Menewsha on the map!” There first single Polly, I want my cracker back! is dedicated to those very people who urged them on and is currently #3 on the charts.

The band was kind enough to give us here at the Menewsha tabloid a complimentary copy of their debut album We Eat Our Own Species, which will be available in stores next week. Though one problem remains: does one headbang, disco point or moonwalk while listening to it? Could this be the birth of a new dance style?

Last edited by SuperZombiePotatoe; 01-07-2014 at 01:17 PM..