View Single Post
Izumi
イズミ
Penpal

Old 02-14-2014, 03:15 AM

Quote:
Question 1: While Saint Valentine is associated with marriages and roses, he is also associate with birds, roosters, and curing a blind/crippled/epileptic child. What would Valentine's Day be like if we concentrated on those aspects instead?
I have this feeling it would quickly lose it's hallmark card appeal, and would just become another random 'national awareness day' that no one would really think about, except for like for the 5 minute special on the news... if they watched the news. Maybe there would be a random colored ribbon for it too, and people would collect change for it on the side of the roads.

Quote:
Question 2: What happened to the Mock Turtle to make him not a real turtle?
Dude I am trying to google this, and failing miserably. It's a type of soup, and the turtle has a head of a donkey but the body, and fins of turtle...And Lewis Carroll I swear was on some heavy drugs when he wrote this stuff....before it was 'cool'.

Quote:
Question 3: How do flowers celebrate Valentine's Day?
I keep on thinking of a book called "The Language of Flowers" which I just recently read. A good piece of fiction I couldn't put down. It's amazing that just because a flower is "Valentines" colored it may not have the purest intentions. Like white tulips are to symbolize "one sided love". Anyways, they were used way back in like Victorian(I think? Not a historian..) times as a secret way of communication. Now and days most flowers have a 'happy, pc' version, like yellow tulips use to symbolize 'hopeless love' and now most people think of yellow as a 'happy thoughts' or friendship kind of color. I'm thinking you're possibly looking for a similar interpretation...I could be wrong.