View Single Post
bookwormiam2010
\ (•◡•) /

Old 07-09-2011, 04:45 AM

Oh that was just her luck! Pick a guy who thought he knew something just because he’d disrobed more than his fair share of women. In short an over confident, smarmy pig. Her least favorite type of person, these people were right there on the bottom of her list next to vampires. So to say they weren’t her favorite was a huge understatement, she loathed men like that! And here was the sad part, he hadn’t even answered her question yet, but he didn’t need to. She had a very good feeling he was going to give her a monologue on just how wrong her appearance was. She could feel it coming. She should have asked the flippin’ bartender! Ooh what she wouldn’t give to just smack that slight smirk off his face…it was a rather tempting thought. And it wasn’t like she was without good reason…then again she’d asked for it. Therefore she was stuck dealing with the consequences. Oh goody.

Feeling his gaze on her, Rue stiffened uncomfortably a soft shiver working its way through her body. Even though he was only looking at her from the corner of his eyes she couldn’t shake the feeling that she was meeting his gaze head on. Shaking off her nervousness Rue moved so that they were standing face to face her arms crossed over her chest as she looked at him waiting oh so patiently for him to reply. Thankfully she wasn’t kept waiting much longer before he replied. The moment he opened his mouth to spoke he grated even more on her nerves. It was the ‘my dear’ that set her off.

“Well buddy, I hate to burst your bubble but I am neither yours nor anyone else’s dear. I have a name and I’d rather you use it but considering we aren’t exactly of the same species I’d rather not insult your delicate godlike ears with the name of a lowly human. Second of all, why would I know let alone care who you are? I asked for a stranger’s opinion and a stranger opinion I shall get. Provided you get off of your high godly horse and deem little ole me worthy of your time and breath and your opinion.” she said saccharinely with a sweet smile.

After that brief verbal sparring match she forced herself to remain quiet. Oh, she couldn’t wait to hear his response to her outfit. Considering the semi-monologue he’d given her prior to answering her question this next bit was no doubt going to have her bored to tears or laughing her skinny jean clad butt off. Which brought up a serious question: was it possible to use clothing, especially the tight revealing kind, as a torture device? And she wasn’t talking emotionally, or mentally-although she could have sworn she’d lost a few I.Q. points earlier this evening. And if possible she felt like she was losing more right now but she wasn’t letting Mr. I-think-I’m-a-god see that.

By the end of his critique of her outfit she was steamed! No steamed was putting it nicely! The way he’d looked at her, no the way he’d look through her clothing had been so skeevy! Aghhhh!! And the nerve of him! ‘Just go and find a mini skirt’, ‘get out of that crap’. Just who did he think he was? Some famous fashion designer or something, ha! Yea right! He wasn’t dressed any nicer than she was and he certainly hadn’t spent any time in front of his mirror trying to get his to take on that effortless, sexy, ‘I just got out of bed’ look now had he? Ugh no he hadn’t and yet he’d had the gall to critique her when all she’d asked was if she looked ok. A simple no would have worked fine!

Rue watched him leave her hand clenching useless at her sides as she watched him walk off with his posse of girls. Just who did he think he was? He obviously though he was somebody and yet that last comment…it made her think he didn’t just think he though he was someone special, he really was someone special now if only she knew who he was. Then again why did she care? She didn’t care one iota about the acting or the fashion world, all she cared about was ridding the world of vampires and trying to keep up with her rent and other bills. And right now she was focused on get as much as she possibly could into her constricted lungs. Maybe she’d laced this thing a little too tight…Shaking her head she elbowed and shoved her way through the crowd taking some of her anger and frustrations out on some poor innocent bystanders. Too appealing her butt, in a man’s eyes there was no such thing as too appealing. Once she’d found him she easily made her way up to his table and snagged an empty seat which earned her several shocked stares and a couple of death glares from the gathered girls. Rolling her eyes she pinned them with a dark death glare of her own. She wasn’t scared of them; she faced the living dead each night. In short these girls were nothing in comparison. After making the other girls back down a bit she turned her attention back to the man she’d spoken to earlier. “Oh merciful god of fashion, hear my please, answer my questions, I am but your humble servant….” she intoned humbly. This little display didn’t last long before she laughed and looked up her eyes sparking softly in defiance.” There I asked for permission to speak to you this time. Now, did you really think I’d believe that load of crap you just gave me?” she demanded hotly.