View Single Post
primadonna
I love Hot Pockets.

Old 09-26-2013, 03:13 AM

Janice Holderfield

Jan tied up her shoes, humming the tune to a popular song on the radio. "Hurry up, honey! I'm running late!" She looked up quickly, tossing her black braid from her shoulder. Muttering quietly to herself, she hastily stood up and awkwardly shouldered her backpack. "Coming, mom! Sorry!" She replied.

It was the last first-day of high school for Janice Holderfield. As was tradition, Mrs. Holderfield insisted on driving her "baby" to school on the special day despite having work early in the morning. First-days were never a big deal in Janice's eyes, but they were obviously important to Mr and Mrs Holderfield.

"Alright! Say "cheeese"!" The woman exclaimed, taking a snapshot of Janice before she was ready. "Aw, mom. I look ugly. Please don't put it in the-" Too late. Mrs Holderfield had already snatched the instantly-developed photo from the camera and was waving it obnoxiously in the air on her way to the photo album. As she proudly pat it on its intended page, she picked up her purse. "Okay, now we can go. Are you hungry? We can stop for breakfast!"

Jan rolled her eyes with a smile. That was her mom for you. Running late, but you were still her top priority. "No thanks, mom. I've got some cash. I want to see my friends anyways." She opened the door, motioning for her mother to go first. "If you say so, honey." She replied with a smile.

After an overly-affectionate trip down memory lane, they finally reached their destination- Valley View High School. "Have a good day at school, senior!" Mother squealed and Jan could only laugh. "Okay, I will. I love you, bye!"

The second that the door to the light blue minivan was shut, Jan was attacked by a hug from behind. "JANNY! I MISSED YOU!" To no surprise, when she turned around, it was her best friend- Katelyn. "Katelyn! Wow, you found me pretty quickly!" The busty blond nodded eagerly. "Definitely! I saw your mom's van from, like, a mile away! Come get breakfast with me! Show me your schedule! Tell me where you got that top!"

Jan laughed and followed her friend's cute orders. It was already beginning to feel like normal. Hopefully, this year would be a great one filled with friends, fun, and maybe even her first-kiss!