View Single Post
primadonna
I love Hot Pockets.

Old 09-28-2013, 02:27 AM

Jan looked up from her paper. The room got quiet for some reason. She followed everyone else's eyes to Zane. What did he say? "How about 'Failure'?" The voice of miss popular herself spoke up. Jan turned back to see Amber looking as flashy and confident as ever. A pale pair of pink glossy lips smirked on her pretty little face. She really was pretty, so most people tended to miss her terrible personality completely.

Zane's clever comeback only further egged on the disruption of class. Jan couldn't help but giggle quietly, though. It was true, after all. Amber always had a boyfriend on her. Some weeks, even two. Jan's smile faded , though, and she turned around. The thought reminded her of Katelyn. Jan was worried that Katelyn might turn into an "Amber".

I can't let that happen...

As class rolled back into business, Mrs. Tommlin began explaining a class project. Jan wrote as the woman spoke. "Now, this project is a big deal. This is the first year I'm trying it, so you'll all have to bear with me as a trial group. The total weight of the project is 50%." The class unanimously groaned. "Now, now. Its been done before in other places and it works, okay?" Jan looked up and frowned. This was not sounding like a relaxing class... Maybe I should try to switch into another class?... As she thought, she tapped her jawline with her yellow number two pencil. "We will be revisiting Shakespear and relating some of his works to modern times. I'll have packets to hand out tomorrow. In the mean time, be mulling over your favorite Shakespearean pieces." Jan sighed in dismay. She was just a sucker for Romeo and Juliet.

Her hand shot into the air for some reason. "Yes, Janice?" She cleared her throat. "Like I said, you can call me Jan if you want. Uh, anyways, this project. What is the length of time it will take, when will it begin, and are we working alone?" You could just hear the eyes rolling behind her. Jan paid no mind, though.

"Very good questions, actually." Mrs. Tommlin gave stern looks at a few people. "The project is the entire duration of the year. I'll be giving out weekly expectations. That's how I know you're doing it. The quality of it all is what I grade at the end of the year. Its beginning right now. First assignment: Think of your favorite Shakespearean pieces. Plural. And no, unfortunately, you will be doomed to pair up for this assignment. So, everyone get a buddy in mind... because I'm going to assign pairs randomly tomorrow." Everyone groaned, again. This time, Jan even chimed in.

There was nothing worse than having to work with someone else on an important project. Jan just wasn't a people-person. That's what she had Katelyn for, exactly. She twisted the end of her braid on her index finger. This was going to be a difficult class...