View Single Post
Silfy
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via AIM to Silfy Send a message via MSN to Silfy Send a message via Yahoo to Silfy

Old 06-04-2007, 09:30 PM

My favorite book out of all the books I've read would have to be The Catcher in the Rye by J. D. Salinger. What made me want to read it was Ghost in the Shell : Stand Alone Complex and it was amaaaaazing. I like how it's just Holden telling the story, though it doesn't seem to have meant anything by the end. It just seems pointless, but I love it. xD

"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes. That way, I wouldn't have to have any goddam stupid useless conversations with anybody. If anybody wanted to tell me something, they'd have to write it on a piece of paper and shove it over to me. They'd get bored as hell doing that after a while, and then I'd be through with having conversations for the rest of my life."

"Don't ever tell anybody anything. If you do, you start missing everybody."

If you want to know what it's about, I'm not gonna spoil it, I'll just say that it's basically about the few days he skips school when he's going to get kicked out anyways.