View Single Post
Chickie Nuggs
❀◕ ‿ ◕❀

Old 04-14-2012, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellysundae View Post
Interesting opinions :yes:

I think the main issue here is that people can't seem to reign themselves in from creating items that are not basic at all. Though again we're faced with differing opinions on item quality. I kind of hate the Swann boots, as they are mainly my edit, and I think they look like shit :ninja:

The easiest option would be to have a second store that is user created items, for the things that are not basic, and have those be a higher price. But if an item was to be priced higher, it would have to meet a far more stringent quality level...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria-Minamino View Post
@jelly - I have to agree the Maria/Jelly Boots combo is not the best - although to be fair it was my first time trying it XDDD

I think all the practice I'm getting with the items knowing they will be going into the shop eventually pushes me to get better. I think once we, the users, ARE good enough to step up to a higher quality, a second user made shop might not be a bad idea.

And Demo - I thank you for your vote of confidence...but when I look at the items wishie pixels and the items I pixel - I do notice things that I should have done differently and things that she is just so freaking good at...I think this time next year i might just be a lot better.

But I personally am just honored to walk into the newbie forum and see newbies wearing the stuff i made. It makes me very happy and sometimes I want to go, "OMG I MADE THE SHIRT YOU ARE WEARING!!" but I mostly end up going, "Hey there! Cool shirt" XDDD

I don't want to reign myself in creatively....I am making a lot of basic pieces but I also want to push myself to make more advanced stuff as well. The scarf and the dress are stepping stones into better and bigger pieces in the future :D If I just kept making shorts and shirts - I would never push myself in a creative way to get better.
I think that isn't a bad idea. It would definitely push us to practice even more. I already like the quality of what has been released into the shop so far. That's just me, though. I know that it's not about me. xD Even if a separate store wasn't made and the newbie shop still got new items with the same quality as the mina scarf or the boots, then I think that the range of prices should be changed a little bit. Not so much charge up the arse for them, but they are far too easy to access imo. I don't want to feel like a jerk and say make Mina's items harder to go after, but then I keep thinking that having items so fancy easily available (when newbies would have to save up a while just for a single item that is just as good) defeats the purpose of what the store is all about.

As I said I recognize what continues to happen in the newbie shop isn't up to me. I don't want to go around ultimately saying 'DO THIS, DON'T DO THAT, IT SHOULD BE THIS WAY'. I don't want to hinder people from expanding their imagination and trying to improve their pixeling.