View Single Post
Sizzla
Gangsta Biatch
Send a message via AIM to Sizzla

Old 10-15-2009, 04:56 PM

Artwork by Hamlet Spamlet/Banner by Sizzla

Drop-Dead Fashion
Hosted by Sizzla, DariaMorgendorfer & Ferra

11/1/09: Entries have been updated through page 8.

Welcome to the official avatar contest of Halloween 2009!

There will be three categories this time around: Traditional Halloween Costumes, Wacky Halloween Costumes and Traditional Halloween avatars (Halloween colors prevail!) See the following posts for more information on each category.

Your Hosts:
-- Need a fairy godmother?
Hey guys! I'm Sizzla, and most of you have probably seen me around the forums at some point or another. I've hosted a few of the avatar contests during our events now, and it seems that this time I'm at it again. I'm looking forward to seeing all of your wonderful costumes!

Helpful hints from Sizzla:
My category this year revolves around themes, so please make it obvious as to what your costume is! I want to be able to know who you are at a glance. Of course color, balance and item choice all come into play, but for the most part, I want to see your theme shine through! :D

-- Happy Halloween Hilarity!
Hey folks:) You may have seen me on such shows as "Beavis and Butthead" and MTV's "Daria". Now, I make my happy little home here on Menewsha, bring sarcasm and humor to all it's good little girls and boys. Since I enjoy humor so much, I am hosting the Wacky Halloween Costumes contest this year. I am really looking forward to seeing what you all come up with!

Helpful hints from Daria:
What I am looking for: I love to laugh, and your Wacky avatar should make me do just that. Throw away the traditional avatar rules when entering my contest! You don't need 1001 layers, good balance to your items, or perfectly matching items to win my contest. You need creativity, humor and to think beyond the box. Your avatars need to be Halloween based, but "Wacky" at the same time. You can include a little story/punchline about your avatar to really add that bit of humor to your costume if you'd like. I do NOT want to see cluttermonsters.

-- Trick-or-treat?
Hey all! I'm Ferra, a familiar face I hope. ;) I've been given the wonderful opportunity of co-hosting the Halloween avatar contest this year. I'm looking for creative outfits using traditional Halloween colors and themes, so be sure to give it your best shot!

Helpful hints from Ferra: I like themes, but a nice looking and well balanced avatar can be just as nice. Being clever never hurts, but I should be able to tell what your aim is without a lengthy description. Please don't stick on random items just to fill in the gaps - sometimes less is more. I'm looking for traditional Halloween colors (orange and black) or something that captures the Halloween spirit but would not be considered a costume.

Last edited by Sizzla; 11-01-2009 at 04:18 PM..