Thread: Chemical Love
View Single Post
Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-06-2014, 05:27 AM

At exactly six in the morning, Layland's alarm rang. He was a morning person though and easily set about getting ready for the day. Stepping over a stack of science books, he headed for the bathroom and looked at himself in the mirror. It was the same face he'd been looking at for years. He hadn't changed much since he started college and now he was twenty-four. He wasn't young anymore, but still young enough for his face to pretend at it. His grey eyes looked small and his eyebrows severe, matching his high cheek bones and knife-like nose. Everything about him was imposing in a handsome sort of way. And yet, he could never allow himself to rely on his looks for anything.

Layland dressed in the usual button up shirt and dark colored dressy jeans. He threw his labcoat over his arm and his bag over his shoulder before heading out. He made it the science building a minute after seven and went first to Carter's office to smooth things over. Just like Layland, he was there early, but it was Carter's job to be available to students.

"I hope your head is on straight today."

"Yes...let me pay you back for the equipment I broke. And a little extra to keep this from my father. You know how he can be. I hope the lab is available to me today?" Layland scribbled out a check for two grand and placed it on his mentor's desk.

Carter grinned. "Of course." Then today would be the day he started testing the ideas he'd come up with yesterday.