Thread: Chemical Love
View Single Post
Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-07-2014, 08:36 AM

"This isn't working!" Layland snapped to his unresponsive test tubes. His pencil shook in his hand and he looked down in surprise when it snapped in two. He was starting to lose control again. This was getting out of hand and he knew if he didn't get ahead of this love potion thing and everything else that was slipping away from him, he would be the laughing stock of his family. He'd lose his scholarship, his nice apartment, the lucrative job offers already piling up a year before he was to graduate. A sigh broke through his lips and he dropped the broken bits of the pencil into the trash.

Creating a cure wouldn't be an option if he couldn't keep his grades. Layland checked the time and sighed again. He would burn himself out if he kept at this pace, so he was done. He stopped by Carter's office after cleaning the lab space spotless. "Do you have those freshman tests for me to grade?" he asked the older man. Carter indicated a rather large stack with his pen and Layland scooped them into his bag.

"You have a test on friday yourself. I hope you're ready for it."

"When am I ever not?" He headed out of the office and decided to grade papers in the library until closing hours. He could always work better in the library than in his own apartment, especially now that it was a work space devoted to finding a love cure. He had a test and another project that needed tending too. The love potion was only one class...effecting two whole people. Cian thought he was the only one getting hurt here but Layland could look into the future far enough ahead to see this spiraling out of control much farther than two people. Therefore, it was more important that Layland not lose his scholarship funding.