View Single Post
Rylynne
your resident bonafide coffee addict

Old 03-16-2009, 03:05 PM

Why was I not able to go to Momocon this year? =O Well, that's an interesting story indeed...

You see, I am part of a non-partisan organization in your university, and so it is our duty to act as mediators for events, especially politically-induced ones. For you see, our university is known for being very... vocal about each other's personal beliefs on a variety of subjects.

Now, I had some money for savings so I could book a ticket and attend, but you see, one of the more... vocal members of the opposition of a current issue (let's just say it involved whether our country could import our famous "dirty ice cream", which I will not divulge if it really is dirty or not xDD) wanted to stop me from going, because their side was currently losing the debate and they needed my participation to win it. So, they snuck into my house, killed my poor beagle for being so loud, and took my ATM card and password and stole all my money as a bargaining chip. D:

Me being me, I reported the incident, hopeful that I could still make it in time (Momocon was still two days away). When the opposition heard of it, they grew angry, and started revolting. Dirty ice cream cones were tossed everywhere as ammunition, and the university was so overloaded with dirty ice cream that many people drowned and died due to lack of air or for being too fat from the ice cream that they exploded.

I barely survived, but only because I stayed on top of a statue of a naked man the entire time, who is the symbol of our university. After the bloodshed though, I was so hungry from staying on top of the statue for too long that I decided to clean up the place and ate all the ice cream. I then passed out and woke up to be informed that I was diagnosed with accumulated hyperacidity and that I could never eat ice cream and coffee ever again. D:

As for the debate, well, because all the dirty ice cream in the Philippines was used as ammo for what will now be dubbed as the War of Dirty-but-not-so-dirty Ice Cream, the opposition won (their side having been that it is wrong to export said ice cream for sales). =|

Some details in said story are actually true (such as the organization, issue, and the naked statue as our university's symbol xDD). But really, I couldn't go because I live in the Philippines, which is practically halfway around the world.

Plus, I seriously have professors and groupmates who will burn me alive if I left now. Now THAT is not an understatement. =| You should see what they did when someone went to the province during an exam... >.>;; Not a nice story. D:

And btw, if ever, I am female~ 8DD;; <3<3