View Single Post
Sho-Shonojo
(っ◕‿◕)っ ♥

Old 08-19-2008, 04:53 AM

47. Dirt (Continuation of Horrific)

Jeremy ducked as stepped underneath the school bleachers. Trash was scattered around and it smelled of old stadium food. It had served it's purpose in that way at least, no one would have thought to look down there for anyone. "And yet they did," Jeremy said to himself as he remembered Putnar's voice on the phone "I think they might come back" He quickened his search.

He found Putnar just beneath the second set of bleachers, laying face down in the grass, his phone still in his hand. He was literally a mess. Dirt covered his face and his clothes were torn and covered in grass stains. As Jeremy came to lean beside him, he realized that he smelled like worse. He instinctively covered his nose. "What did those bastards do to him?"

Beyond the bleachers he could hear the football team practicing. As he looked up he caught Anthony run by on the track, "I wonder if he even knows you're down here."

Jeremy lifted Putnar to his back and carried him to his car. For the while he was silent except for his breathing until Jeremy started the car.

Putnar touched the window he was leaning on oddly and pushed off, blinking at it in confusion.

"Don't worry Putnar I'm taking you to the hospital." Jeremy said as he reached gear shifter.

"No..no, no..you're n-," He started coughing suddenly, "You got any water?" He said throw the fit. Before he could reach to get any Putnar scrabbled to open the door and retched onto the pavement.

"Here" Jeremy said, tossing the bottle into Putnar's lap, "Now close the door. I'm taking you to the hospital now."

"No you're not" Putnar shouted back, grabbing Jeremy's hand as he went to change gears,"You take me there, they're gonna ask me questions. They'll wanna know everything! I'll have to tell 'em everything. I feel like a freak of nature enough, I don't want the rest of the school to know about it..or my brother."

Jeremy sat for a long time, trying to figure out what to do. He wanted to hit himself when he finally said, "What do you want me to do?"

Putnar was relieved, he loosened his grip enough that Jeremy could feel that his hand was actually shaking, "Call my brother and tell him we're going to a party. I call him later and tell him I got wasted and I'm staying at your place. I sound it don't I?"

Jeremy tried to force a smile but he wasn't convinced. How could Putnar be so calm about this? Wasn't he angry, scared, wasn't he hurt at all? The only other person that knew Putnar was going to be there was Anthony, because that was where they met. Didn't Putnar understand? Anthony had betrayed him.