View Single Post
Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!
Send a message via AIM to Xavirne Send a message via MSN to Xavirne Send a message via Yahoo to Xavirne

Old 10-07-2015, 06:47 PM

"Complex?" He scoffed. "I hardly call gray complex. When you lose the ability to see the world as black and white, everything seems so... simple. Right, wrong. Neither truly matter. It's more about... what makes the heart sing and the mind race." He cared not that she drew blood nor that she swayed her hips as she walked away. "But, again, I'm preaching to the choir."

Stepping with great gaps between his strides, he eventually caught up and continued to walk in unison with her. If she slowed, he slowed. If she sped up, he sped up. It wasn't done on purpose either, he was merely moving with her unconsciously. It tended to happen when the knight was lost in thought and had the same destination in mind as his partner.

At some point she would undoubtedly call him out on stalking or not having a mind of his own. If and when that happened, he would completely miss the conversation, still lost in thought. At this point in time, Kevlar was trying to figure out of Marwo would truly uphold her end of the bargain. He had spent many years of his life with woman such as she. Women (and men) who had one plan but, over the course of a grand journey, would ultimately abandon plan when the riches at the end no longer whispered sinful desires in their ears. Often time, the compassion or friendship would steer away thoughts of greed, jealousy, or lust.

He knew little of the woman with the lacy-face. This was definitely a problem, though it was one he could quickly fix. Well, assuming woman was truthful in her stories and answers. Then again, was it even worth learning her story? Did her past matter? From the bounty on her head, he doubted such. The Marwo that would matter was the one that would start from today onward; the one that would learn the powerful magic know of love that could change a heart of darkness to a heart of kindness.

Finally, something caught his attention and pulled his thoughts to the woman at his side. "Oh," he hitched up a brow and looked down at the lovely crimson maiden. "When did you get here?" He glanced up and noticed their location. Even Mae was there and seemed to be concerned. "Eh?" His eyes grew wide before he patted himself over and over. "Why are you both looking at me like that? Is a hair out of place or something?" Smoothing down his dark chocolate hair, he glanced over at Mae. "Sorry," he shrugged. "I guess I was just lost in thought. Just..." he needed an excuse, "worried about Saith."

Not knowing if Marwo would join he and Mae for lunch, the knight moved with Mae for food. The remainder of the day, he spent his time alone. Between brushing Ruine, sharpening blades, and polishing armor, he found little time to interact with anyone. Should people pester him, he would merely drown them out and act as if he were too busy to listen.

Finally, when night feel and dinner was complete, he took to patrolling the area. Not that it was needed. No, rather he did it to get the fresh air and to clear his mind. During his wandering, he happened upon some faint mumbling and decided to seek out the hushed tones he heard.

When he finally arrived, it appeared the meeting was over. Mae, left standing alone beside the balcony's edge, seemed... lost. "Something on your mind?" He tilted his head to the side while slipping a hand on her back to give her shoulder a friendly squeeze. "Things have certainly changed since we started this little mission of yours." Propping elbow on railing and then chin on palm, he gazed over at the priestess. "And since I'm a lousy friend," he rolled over to rest his rump against the railing, "I should have asked... rather than assumed... how are you doing?" Teal eyes soft as butter welcomed whatever conversation came next. Saith wasn't here to hear the woman out so it was now his job to make certain Mae was well and happy. The lack of smile on her face already concerned him.

Last edited by Xavirne; 10-08-2015 at 12:39 PM..